• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket dismissed got a letter 1 mo. later DA wants to prosecute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inspectit4u

Lucky for you. Though, you still appear to have that 2800 issue to address. Have you actually been served with a warrant, a summons, or otherwise served notice of the charge?
A notice to appear Court papers show VC22400(A) was dismissed on 6/11/19

inspectit4u

But there was another separate charge that was filed after the first was dismissed, correct?
I received a notice to appear. I have the minutes from my original court date. It clearly says that I pleaded not guilty and the case was dismissed on 6/11/19. New charges filed on approx. 10/1/19 I go to court on 10/15/19

inspectit4u

Read CdwJava's posts.
The DA, apparently, chose to pursue a charge for a crime that s/he believes was committed.
But the officer refused to pursue because no law enforcement saw the proposed infraction. Some lady told him and he found me in a white truck about 45 min. later.

quincy

I received a notice to appear. I have the minutes from my original court date. It clearly says that I pleaded not guilty and the case was dismissed on 6/11/19. New charges filed on approx. 10/1/19 I go to court on 10/15/19
So, do you have a defense prepared for tomorrow ... or are you relying on the dismissal of the infraction to get the misdemeanor dismissed?

inspectit4u

So, do you have a defense prepared for tomorrow ... or are you relying on the dismissal of the infraction to get the misdemeanor dismissed?
[/Q My defense is going to be 1st if the officer Who wrote the ticket Ask that it be dismissed. Doesn't that right there make my case. Doesn't that show that I in no way impeded or kept an officer from doing his job. Also officer is going by hearsay no law enforcement officer witnessed supposed infraction. He told me some lady said I was impeding traffic. The officer actually told my wife a few days later the only Reason he wrote the ticket was because he was mad hehad to work on a Sunday

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The dismissal of the traffic offense is really not relevant to the charge you now face. What is the purpose of the court date tomorrow?

CdwJava

But the officer won't testify because he knows there was no wrongdoing on my part.
For the 224000 infraction the officer can recommend the matter be dropped in the interests of justice. The VC 2800 filed by the DA CANNOT be recommended to be dropped - the officer has no influence inside the courtroom in this area as he is truly just a witness on the VC 2800.

Oh, and the officer WILL testify. If he is subpoenaed, he will. Do you really think he will defy the DA and risk his job just so he won't have to testify against you, a stranger?

LdiJ

Well ... police officers can tell the judge what to do, but the judge is not likely to be pleased. ;)

I hope inspectit4u returns to let us know what happened in court today.
Court is the 15th. Today is the 14th.

quincy

Court is the 15th. Today is the 14th.
Ahh. Right. I forgot my other post was posted early this morning instead of yesterday.

I hope the result in court tomorrow is all that inspectit4u wants it to be and not what I sort of expect it will be.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I hope the result in court tomorrow is all that inspectit4u wants it to be and not what I sort of expect it will be.
It's not clear to me what the hearing tomorrow is for. It might simply be the arraignment on the charge, in which case all the OP will do is enter his/her plea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">