• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI working abroad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epatssd

I am not going to answer any of your questions. The rules of this website are not above state or federal law. Basically, you are being abusive because you know I don't want to talk to you.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please, only comment if you have further insight. I'm aware of the reporting requirements. Basically, my question isn't being answered. Has anyone had experience with this?
No. I do not have experience with this. I have never tried to defraud the IRS by ignoring the reporting requirements.

Happy now?

ETA: no state or Federal laws have been violated anywhere in this thread.

quincy

I am just trying to do research on my own and focus. And, it is agitating not getting anywhere with the caps lock. Feel free to respond in caps lock if you know the answers to my question. Anyways, The SSA is closed on Sundays.
Oh. You edited your earlier post.

You said before that you found the same link I provided. The information found in the link answers the question you ask here.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Just Blue

I am not going to answer any of your questions. The rules of this website are not above state or federal law.
Per state/federal law no harassment/stalking has occurred. I suggest you read the laws before tossing out silly comments.

epatssd

No. I do not have experience with this. I have never tried to defraud the IRS by ignoring the reporting requirements.

Happy now?

ETA: no state or Federal laws have been violated anywhere in this thread.
I never said any IRS tax was due. This had nothing to do with fraud. You are not required to file an IRS tax return if your income is below a certain level.

quincy

epatssd, before researching online stalking and harassment laws (none of which apply to anything posted in this thread), you might want to glance again at the terms and conditions of this site.

You have the option of paying an attorney in your area to answer the questions you have about your particular foreign employment if you do not find the free advice offered on this forum adequate.

epatssd

No, I am not happy. Fraud is still being discussed and I am just looking for someone who fully understands the situation. I didn't realize trolling people in conversations regarding disability insurance was such a popular thing to do. Terms and conditions don't exempt someone from harassment or stalking laws. I don't understand why you keep bringing this up when I asked nicely to just stay on topic. I was accused of crimes.

We are on page 2 here and I am still looking for 1 person who has lived abroad and worked in this situation. Its a difficult topic to find any information on.

Last edited:

quincy

No, I am not happy. Fraud is still being discussed and I am just looking for someone who fully understands the situation. I didn't realize trolling people in conversations regarding disability insurance was such a popular thing to do.
We get it. You are unhappy with the responses here. You do not have to stay.

Just Blue

No, I am not happy. Fraud is still being discussed and I am just looking for someone who fully understands the situation. I didn't realize trolling people in conversations regarding disability insurance was such a popular thing to do. Terms and conditions don't exempt someone from harassment or stalking laws. I don't understand why you keep bringing this up when I asked nicely to just stay on topic. I was accused of crimes.

We are on page 2 here and I am still looking for 1 person who has lived abroad and worked in this situation. Its a difficult topic to find any information on.
How about I tag{ never mind} ? Would that be harassment?... because he may not have lived in some unnamed (and the country matters) country and had the same issues you are having.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no guarantee that any participant on this forum has lived abroad and worked in this situation. Why are you so convinced there is?

quincy

In what country are you employed? What gives rise to your question? Was there a failure to report as required by either you or your employer?

Because everyone's personal experience will vary by the facts of their experience, what happened to someone else will have little bearing on what could happen to you.

epatssd

I'm better off contacting the SSA. I think this question could be answered in general. It is a totalization agreement country that I am referring to.

quincy

I'm better off contacting the SSA. I think this question could be answered in general. It is a totalization agreement country that I am referring to.
What country?

The question was answered "in general" in the IRS link I provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">