• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Negligence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

southern82

Indiana - My doctor will not return my calls requesting results of an ultrasound. I've seen the results as they were posted in my patient portal. There were abnormal findings. Without intervention, the issue could lead to further organ damage or failure. Is their failure to communicate results and provide follow up care considered negligence?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You need to, at the very least, get a second opinion. Even if you wandered into a medical malpractice lawyer's office for a consult, that's the firt thing they'd want.

You have results that you are concerned about, and for whatever reason you cannot get your current doctor to follow up. Protect your health, and see another doctor.

If it turns out that the lapse in time between your results and follow up caused further health problems, the second doctor can help attest to that, should the damages be great enough.

Just Blue

Indiana - My doctor will not return my calls requesting results of an ultrasound. I've seen the results as they were posted in my patient portal. There were abnormal findings. Without intervention, the issue could lead to further organ damage or failure. Is their failure to communicate results and provide follow up care considered negligence?
When was the ultrasound done?

Last edited:

quincy

I agree with Red that the most important thing to do is to see another doctor about the abnormality (whatever it is) and get treatment. Any thoughts of malpractice are secondary to health.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">