• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex girlfriend refuses to move out *chilren involved*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tlo

New York State**
Suffolk County

My ex girlfrind and I broke up around 10 months ago. We have a son together as well as I have a son from a previous relationship to which I have full custody of. She also has a daughter from a previous relationship. My father and I are the owners to the home we live in, everything is in my name mortgage,utilities, cable etc. Her name is on absolutely nothing in the home. Ever since the break up she completely stopped helping financially and still refuses to with the excuse that she is saving her money to find an apartment to move out. It has been approximately 10 months now and she still refuses to leave and apparently isn't saving any money since yesterday she asked me for gas money claiming she had no money. I have asked her multiple time to leave and she refuses to do so as well as she refuses to help pay any of the bills. I should not have to financially take care of her and her daughter. I've given her plenty of time to save and move but instead all I see is her spending money on things. She has a full time job. Every weekend she leaves friday night straight from work to hang out and doesn't get back until sunday late at night leaving me with our son(which is fine with me because i know my son is safe with me) and sometimes even tries to leave her daughter with me so she could go and hang out. I feel I have given her more than enough time to save up and move out and I am just seeking advice as to what could possibly be done to get her out. What are my options. How could I get her out the house?

Tlo

I am fine with paying child support and going to court over custodial/visitation rights I just want her out of my house. Her behaviour, her yelling, her fights and everything is now beginning to affect my other son as well.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I am fine with paying child support and going to court over custodial/visitation rights I just want her out of my house. Her behaviour, her yelling, her fights and everything is now beginning to affect my other son as well.
You should keep in mind that establishing custody/visitation is through Family Court. Your choice is Riverhead or Central Islip.

FarmerJ

if you haven't got one now go get a post office box , forward all your mail to it, it may prevent her from stealing your identity, fraudulently getting credit in your name and you can use it as your return address for your written notice to her that tells her to move out ,this way she cant steal and destroy documents needed related to getting you out and lock up all other financial documents un a safe place like a bank box.

LdiJ

How do I go about evicting her?
The same way that any landlord would have to evict a tenant (and legally she IS your tenant). Your father also might have to sign off on the eviction. Thoroughly read the link that Zig gave you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">