• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon wont provide entitled vision and dental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

Why do you think they have not promoted you or promoted you faster. Because the lack of promotion is the reason you don't have insurance.

And I'd certainly pay a buck a day long before my teeth started falling out.

Gatlin121

I used the word privileged because some of these responses don't sound like people who know what it's like to have the cards stacked against them. I don't need to go into my background to explain why not so easy for me.

I'm just trying to be clear with my issue. I understand that I don't have a legal argument.. yet. But there is wrong doing here. Mistake or not. You say I wasint eligible. I don't know how I'm not, considering I'm well past the 90 days I've mentioned earlier, I have the blue badge conversion... doesn't that breach their contract? In the handbook?
Do you understand my confusion?

It's really hard not to take it personal when I think about out how much unlikely scenarios had to happen to keep me just below the line of "eligibility".

They changed my schedule right before the conversion time slot, shaving off the 2-crucial hours off my week I needed to be eligible.

And by the way eligibility has absolutely nothing to do with how many hours I get anymore.

I am so tired.

Gatlin121

I get that you're frustrated, but I think you don't understand that Employee Benefits is a HIGHLY regulated system, and they can't give an employee benefits that they aren't entitled to. And you weren't eligible because of 1) your lack of hours and then later 2) timing of the conversions.

It sucks that because of someone's clerical error, you aren't eligible until 3 days from now. But this wasn't done maliciously, mistakes just happen some times. You can be as mad as you want, but it has nothing to do with anyone else being "privileged."

I used the word privileged because some of these responses don't sound like people who know what it's like to have the cards stacked against them. I don't need to go into my background to explain why not so easy for me.

I'm just trying to be clear with my issue. I understand that I don't have a legal argument.. yet. But there is wrong doing here. Mistake or not. You say I wasint eligible. I don't know how I'm not, considering I'm well past the 90 days I've mentioned earlier, I have the blue badge conversion... doesn't that breach their contract? In the handbook?
Do you understand my confusion?

It's really hard not to take it personal when I think about out how much unlikely scenarios had to happen to keep me just below the line of "eligibility".

They changed my schedule right before the conversion time slot, shaving off the 2-crucial hours off my week I needed to be eligible.

And by the way eligibility has absolutely nothing to do with how many hours I get anymore.

I am so tired.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't think anyone has claimed that there haven't been errors made. No one has claimed that the situation was not handled poorly.

But nothing that we have seen here is CLEAR evidence of ILLEGAL actions on anyone's part.

I haven't said you have no recourse. But it is not yet clear what recourse you have. What happens on the 23rd may help clarify that.

Gatlin121

I don't think anyone has claimed that there haven't been errors made. No one has claimed that the situation was not handled poorly.

But nothing that we have seen here is CLEAR evidence of ILLEGAL actions on anyone's part.

I haven't said you have no recourse. But it is not yet clear what recourse you have. What happens on the 23rd may help clarify that.
We'll see what happens... ill keep ya posted.

PayrollHRGuy

These two sentences contradict each other.

Gatlin121

These two sentences contradict each other.

Because the rules keep changing.

According to them.
During the first blue badge conversion time period, it was required that you had to work 20 hours or more a week to be eligible. Which I didn't know at the time.

About a week or two before the conversion they changed the work schedules of 4 people on my original shift. (included myself) and moved us to a later time slot less 1/2 hour a day. I put a request in to stay on my original shift. It was ignored. They said take the new shift or find new employment in an email. Reluctantly I took the new shift.

Denied blue badge.

Now I am talking to managers. Asking "is my performance lacking?, what can I do better?". Everybody says I'm doing a good job and unsure why I didn't get blue badge.
Getting mixed answers from different "Ambassadors" we call them (and there's several). No one is giving me a reliable reason to why I'm still waiting. Some ambassadors just made up some explanation telling me it was randomized. Or only 50/50 people got it.

You see I have to talk to multiple supervisors because they're always changing. They all just report to a computer screen when I ask them a question.

So after asking enough people I finally get an opportunity to talk to the site supervisor. he's top-rank. And his answer was the correct one. He said that blue badge eligibility is for those who work 20 or more hours a week. I explained to him how I was taken out of my a schedule and given Less hours right before the conversion.
He acknowledged it and recognize the mistake and said unfortunately I'm going to have to wait another 3 months. Maybe sooner.

Months later...

The rules have changed since then. After 90days You automatically get blue badge, if you meet the requirements which now has nothing to do with how many hours you work.

Gatlin121

Look, in two days you are eligible and this entire thread will be moot.
It sure will and you can stop worrying about it.

Excuse me for seeking advice.

This is a mess up and I'm dwelling on by myself. I'm at the end of my wits with this.
I'm exploring options and other insights.

I didn't know that would bother so many.

Gatlin121

My thing is, if you don't have anything useful to contribute then why contribute anything at all?
Discussion is nice but comments suggesting I need to let go or "be a better worker" just seem condescending and It doesint help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My thing is, if you don't have anything useful to contribute then why contribute anything at all?
Discussion is nice but comments suggesting I need to let go or "be a better worker" just seem condescending and It doesint help.
The problem is that your view of what is "useful" is skewed. You only want answers that support your position and refuse to even consider those that don't.

Gatlin121

Maybe you're right. I'm really tired of arguing with people. This is very draining.
I'm under a lot of stress. I don't have a lot of patience for conflict right now. This is probably the tail end of my Saga with Amazon. I just figured if I could paint the picture, someone smarter than me could help me fill in the blanks.

I'm very grateful for my job but these days I feel like I'm getting taken advantage of. And the help I thought I was getting wasn't very helpful at all. I see if I don't stand up for myself, no one else will in this scenario. I don't have a whole lot in my corner.

Chyvan

So, do you currently only work 20 hours per week? Did you go to Midwestern University dental school at 59th Ave just north of Union Hills? They have a hard ship program. Unfortunately, you didn't come here sooner because it takes 9 months to be approved. If you really only work 20 hours, you surely qualify.

They probably won't be willing to do much about the broken teeth you have now, but maybe you can spare the rest.

The neighbor kid was on AHCCCS. It provides dental until the day before you turn 21. I don't know why his parents never took him, but I made him go just before he turned 21. His mouth was a mess. He had the beginnings of periodontal disease. Fortunately it was all pretty much in his wisdom teeth, and if those were pulled, he could be spared from further bone loss. There just wasn't enough time to get it covered under AHCCCS before he turned 21 in like a week. I took him to Midwestern. I paid for his initial appointment and maintenance cleanings, but he was finally approved for the hardship program working about 25 hours/wk for $11 per hour. They did a deep scaling and pulled his wisdom teeth all to the tune of about $900 for THEIR price which is about 2/3 of what a regular dentist would charge (all comped), and they showed him how to take better care of his teeth. He's out of the woods, and I thank that program. I didn't want him to be that 40 year-old with missing teeth.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
See what happens tomorrow. Give it till Monday or Tuesday because while I'm sure Amazon runs weekend shifts, I guarantee you the dental and vision carriers don't. It can take up to ten days after enrollment before our vendors can see a new enrollee.

While I'm sure Amazon is good at playing all the angles to their own benefit, it really doesn't benefit them all that much to prevent ONE employee from signing up for fringe benefits like dental and vision, which really don't cost them all that much to begin with. Legally, they CANNOT enroll you until you qualify. It doesn't matter why you don't. "I didn't get Blue Badge status because they changed my schedule - I would have if they didn't", doesn't matter. "I don't qualify because the rules changed - I would if they hadn't" doesn't matter. If you do not qualify they would be in violation of the law to offer you the benefits, and the only recourse you would have is if you had evidence, and I do mean evidence that would stand up in a court of law, that they deliberately withheld benefits for a reason that qualified as illegal discrimination. So far there is no evidence of that.

I'm not unsympathetic, believe me. But it's very unclear that there was anything but poor administration at work here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">