• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MMJ laws AR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AR has had their MMJ laws on the books for almost 2+ years now. How long does it take for those laws to actually take effect? As in, filters down to the judges, prosecutors and state/city police. There is a traveling patient clause that matches my situation. They arrested me, blamed everything on my husband and have kept us both tied up for almost a year now. He had applied for and they had accepted his MMJ application before we left - he just didn't have the card on him yet. They ignored my repeated attempts to show them my MMJ card.
How much longer does it take for them to get the "Memo" too? SMH Apparently, they aren't supposed to be able to charge my hubby for possession, when it is MY MMJ....but they sure did! Threw the book at him actually. The Troopers first mistake was not doing ANY type of roadside test. The judge slapped his hand for that one in court. This was a first offense for my husband!! He is now on probation for an entire year and has to submit to UA's on their whim. He tests dirty, they have his OK MMJ card on file and it cancels out. Just a little ridiculous IMO.

Just Blue

AR has had their MMJ laws on the books for almost 2+ years now. How long does it take for those laws to actually take effect? As in, filters down to the judges, prosecutors and state/city police. There is a traveling patient clause that matches my situation. They arrested me, blamed everything on my husband and have kept us both tied up for almost a year now. He had applied for and they had accepted his MMJ application before we left - he just didn't have the card on him yet. They ignored my repeated attempts to show them my MMJ card.
How much longer does it take for them to get the "Memo" too? SMH Apparently, they aren't supposed to be able to charge my hubby for possession, when it is MY MMJ....but they sure did! Threw the book at him actually. The Troopers first mistake was not doing ANY type of roadside test. The judge slapped his hand for that one in court. This was a first offense for my husband!! He is now on probation for an entire year and has to[QUOTE}
Do you have a question?
There was one kinda hidden...although it seems to be rather redundant. ;)

FlyingRon

Not yet approved, means illegal.
You can't drive under the influence of marijuana whether you have a card or not.
If your husband has possession of marijuana without a card for your benefit, he needs to be a designated caregiver. He can't use any for himself.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
How much longer does it take for them to get the "Memo" too? SMH Apparently, they aren't supposed to be able to charge my hubby for possession, when it is MY MMJ....but they sure did! Threw the book at him actually. The Troopers first mistake was not doing ANY type of roadside test. The judge slapped his hand for that one in court. This was a first offense for my husband!! He is now on probation for an entire year and has to submit to UA's on their whim. He tests dirty, they have his OK MMJ card on file and it cancels out. Just a little ridiculous IMO.
I see AR and I see OK. What state are you in, and what state did the offense happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">