• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expired Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jfraley8384

Is it possible to report someone for violating their probation after their probation has expired?

quincy

Is it possible to report someone for violating their probation after their probation has expired?
What is the name of your state?

You can report someone but it won’t result in any penalty unless the probation violation is also a crime. Not all conditions of probation are.

J

jfraley8384

What state and to what purpose?
In Kentucky...I would say that person was supposed to attend Sex Offender Treatment Program Classes as part of his agreement with being released, but he never attended any classes, and his probation has expired.

J

jfraley8384

Also, he states that his judge never told him, and no one told him that he had to register, or attend classes at his date of his sentencing, and that his points were messed up when they classified him, and did his risk assessment.

quincy

In Kentucky...I would say that person was supposed to attend Sex Offender Treatment Program Classes as part of his agreement with being released, but he never attended any classes, and his probation has expired.
He has to be officially released from probation. It doesn’t just expire. You can report the violation if you want to.

J

jfraley8384

He has to be officially released from probation. It doesn’t just expire. You can report the violation if you want to.
He says that he was released from probation in 2014, and laughs about how he doesnt have to attend classes with other sex offenders.

J

jfraley8384

First of all, that was my brother on here, asking a question about me, with my knowledge to ask a question, but I wasn't here for everything that was typed...
I was on probation for a charge of Conspiracy to Transport a Minor Across Interstate Lines, With Intent to Engage in Illicit Sexual Conduct back in 2004.

quincy

First of all, that was my brother on here, asking a question about me, with my knowledge to ask a question, but I wasn't here for everything that was typed...
I was on probation for a charge of Conspiracy to Transport a Minor Across Interstate Lines, With Intent to Engage in Illicit Sexual Conduct back in 2004.
Your brother obviously thinks you should have met all of the terms and conditions of your probation.

Do you have a certificate of discharge?

J

jfraley8384

Your brother obviously thinks you should have met all of the terms and conditions of your probation.

Do you have a certificate of discharge?
Of course I have a certificate of discharge. It's not my fault that when I was on probation, that they didn't make me attend SOTP classes. And of course, they have me as a tier 2, but require me to register for life as a sex offender. That's fine too, but what they can't do, is get me for violation, no matter what anyone says...ha ha ha.

J

jfraley8384

I also live right down the street from a school too, and there is nothing anyone can do about it!

J

jfraley8384

And, I'm allowed to be on social media, as a recent judge in supreme court in Kentucky has ruled that banning social media for registered sex offenders is 'unconstitutional'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">