• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deaf child abused by interpreter at school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I don’t know what happened to the post of yours that stealth quoted but it is important that you do NOT make any threats! Let the legal system work for you the way it was designed to work.
I will assume AvgJoe deleted it, so I've removed reference to it as well.

AvgJoe - wrt Dad. That's all I wanted to know. ;) But kudos to you for stepping up to the plate and being proactive.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It wasn’t intended as a threat but when I read it back I could see how it could be taken as such so I deleted it....I just don’t know the system well enough to trust or distrust it
Trust that those intended to help you, will. But those who want to slither? Will make things more complicated.

Avg.Joe

Quincy has a good suggestion - check in with the police periodically. Don't start off calling constantly - build up to being the squeaky wheel if needed. As we said - these things take time. Also, make sure Mom keeps on top of the school wrt seeing the school counselor. Or talk to the pediatrician to see if they can refer the child to a counselor.

And.... What about Dad? Was he notified?
I cant get information directly from the police as I am not a legal guardian nor do I have any parental rights.....
I will assume AvgJoe deleted it, so I've removed reference to it as well.

AvgJoe - wrt Dad. That's all I wanted to know. ;) But kudos to you for stepping up to the plate and being proactive.
honestly this kid has an amazing spirit and she inspires me constantly....shes a joy to be around....she was at recess, sitting down with a book when she was assaulted by this woman....its mind blowing

quincy

I cant get information directly from the police as I am not a legal guardian nor do I have any parental rights.....
Your wife should be able to get a status update - although the police will be reluctant to say too much even to her about an active investigation. But it can help the police to know that you and your wife are not going to simply forget about the incident.

Good luck.

Avg.Joe

Your wife should be able to get a status update - although the police will be reluctant to say too much even to her about an active investigation. But it can help the police to know that you and your wife are not going to simply forget about the incident.

Good luck.
The interpreter is on administrative leave, they want us to file a restraining order to keep her off campus...what am I missing?

PayrollHRGuy

The interpreter is on administrative leave, they want us to file a restraining order to keep her off campus...what am I missing?
Because the interpreter is not a school employee they can't fire her and they may not have anything in the contract with the company that is the employer that allows them to demand she be removed. Your RO will handle the problem for them.

Last edited:

Avg.Joe

Because the interpreter is not a school employee they may can't fire her and they may not have anything in the contract with the company that is the employer that allows them to demand she be removed. Your RO will handle the problem for them.
makes perfect sense, thank you

Avg.Joe

If you can keep us updated that would be great. I don't think I am the only one that would be interested in seeing how this ends up.

(hopefully with the @#$%&!! in prison)
If you can keep us updated that would be great. I don't think I am the only one that would be interested in seeing how this ends up.

(hopefully with the @#$%&!! in prison)
ill definitely keep this thread updated, so I file the paperwork with court? Is that how it works? Or is there something more immediate

Just Blue

ill definitely keep this thread updated, so I file the paperwork with court? Is that how it works? Or is there something more immediate
Yes. Go to the court house and file for the RO. If you need help ask someone in the Victim/Witness Advocacy to assist you. They are located in the court house.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
If you use your favorite search engine and type in "victim assistance + (your county and state)" you should get the contact info for the Victim Assistance Office nearest you. They'll be able to provide resources and guidance. If you need any help, send me a private message with the name of your county and I'll research for you.

Best of luck to you and this precious child.

Avg.Joe

If you use your favorite search engine and type in "victim assistance + (your county and state)" you should get the contact info for the Victim Assistance Office nearest you. They'll be able to provide resources and guidance. If you need any help, send me a private message with the name of your county and I'll research for you.

Best of luck to you and this precious child.
Yeah im at work for a couple more hours, was gunna head straight To the courthouse for theto the courthouse from there....any help is appreciated I’m in California Tulare county

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">