• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Group chatting with the father of my child and his new wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kaydee33

What is the name of your state? Missouri

The father of my child and his new wife of 3 months are trying to force me to only communicate with the father through group text only. When i message him, he texts her what I sent and then she responds to me instead of him just replying to me with a yes or no. When I message him directly about our child, SHE responds via group chat and now when I reach out to him, if it's not in a group chat with her, I get no response at all. If I call him, he sends me to voicemail and then immediately puts me in a group message with her and she responds. She threatened to have me served with documents that would make me adhere to the group text if I didn't keep all communication in the group chat. I keep my communication with the father to a minimal because he's difficult to deal with at times and I don't like drama so I only text him when necessary and all communication is strictly about our child. It's enough drama dealing with him and since he is the father, it is something I have no choice but to deal with but I'm am not obligated to deal with any nonsense from anyone else. His wife has been disrespectful and has over stepped multiple boundaries with me and my child and he has allowed her. I am also left out of things pertaining to my child and either notified at the last minute or not at all. She took my child to urgent care one day and I wasn't notified until hours later. She has also looked into my child's medical documents that are in my name with his father being nowhere listed or entitled to give permission or access to these documents. There's alot more but too much to list. On top of that, they are constantly late with dropping him off on the scheduled date and time and lately there has been no communication or courtesy of informing me of being late. Me and the father have joint custody and no matter how much he disappoints me with his behavior with co parenting, I always try to be the bigger person and I always act in the ways of how I would want to be treated regarding my child but under the circumstances and constant conflict, I find it absolutely unnecessary to communicate with the stepmom and him via group chat unless there is an emergency regarding my child... not for everyday or simple questions that I have for the father. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions about this matter or if there's anything I can do?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Missouri

The father of my child and his new wife of 3 months are trying to force me to only communicate with the father through group text only. When i message him, he texts her what I sent and then she responds to me instead of him just replying to me with a yes or no. When I message him directly about our child, SHE responds via group chat and now when I reach out to him, if it's not in a group chat with her, I get no response at all. If I call him, he sends me to voicemail and then immediately puts me in a group message with her and she responds. She threatened to have me served with documents that would make me adhere to the group text if I didn't keep all communication in the group chat. I keep my communication with the father to a minimal because he's difficult to deal with at times and I don't like drama so I only text him when necessary and all communication is strictly about our child. It's enough drama dealing with him and since he is the father, it is something I have no choice but to deal with but I'm am not obligated to deal with any nonsense from anyone else. His wife has been disrespectful and has over stepped multiple boundaries with me and my child and he has allowed her. I am also left out of things pertaining to my child and either notified at the last minute or not at all. She took my child to urgent care one day and I wasn't notified until hours later. She has also looked into my child's medical documents that are in my name with his father being nowhere listed or entitled to give permission or access to these documents. There's alot more but too much to list. On top of that, they are constantly late with dropping him off on the scheduled date and time and lately there has been no communication or courtesy of informing me of being late. Me and the father have joint custody and no matter how much he disappoints me with his behavior with co parenting, I always try to be the bigger person and I always act in the ways of how I would want to be treated regarding my child but under the circumstances and constant conflict, I find it absolutely unnecessary to communicate with the stepmom and him via group chat unless there is an emergency regarding my child... not for everyday or simple questions that I have for the father. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions about this matter or if there's anything I can do?
I think I would ask my attorney to file for an order to stop the third party interference. Save all communication.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You can go back to court to ask that an order be entered ordering all communications to take place through a service such as Talking Parents (not an endorsement, just an example). Of course, you can't control if he shares the log-in info...and you can't be sure if it's her posing as him, but at least you have proper records of these actions.

Kaydee33

I think I would ask my attorney to file for an order to stop the third party interference. Save all communication.
Thank you for your response. I looked over our court documents and it does say that third party interference with visitation is a violation of our order. Our communication is also only to be via mobile, email or in person... not anything other including third parties..

Just Blue

Thank you for your response. I looked over our court documents and it does say that third party interference with visitation is a violation of our order. Our communication is also only to be via mobile, email or in person... not anything other including third parties..
Bring everything to your attorney's attention.

Zigner

Just a quick point - dad is entitled to the medical records, and dad can authorize others to view them as well.

LdiJ

In that case, I would tell stepmom the next time she makes the threat, to please go ahead and take you to court. Dad will get his backside handed to him in court and the judge will tell his wife to butt out.

Kaydee33

Just a quick point - dad is entitled to the medical records, and dad can authorize others to view them as well.
Yes I know that but in this case it was my child's coverage under MY insurance plan. He nor her has the right to access my information

Zigner

Yes I know that but in this case it was my child's coverage under MY insurance plan. He nor her has the right to access my information
The parents (yes, plural) of the child absolutely do have the right to the child's records, regardless of who pays the bills.

Kaydee33

The parents (yes, plural) of the child absolutely do have the right to the child's records, regardless of who pays the bills.
It wasn't the child's records she was looking up. She was looking at my payment history and seeing when I re enrolled and if the payments were being automatically withdrawn... more so of seeing and looking at my info more so than my child. The information she looked at was not medical records of my child it was my information

Zigner

It wasn't the child's records she was looking up. She was looking at my payment history and seeing when I re enrolled and if the payments were being automatically withdrawn... more so of seeing and looking at my info more so than my child. The information she looked at was not medical records of my child it was my information
That's not what you said in your original post. I agree that he should not have access to that information.

PayrollHRGuy

How did she access such information?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">