• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invisaflects Paint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lindacj35

My house was oversprayed by a company that was painting my ceiling and didn't cover everything. It's an LLC company without insurance.

Is litigation about fairness or will I be the only one to concede? I'm wondering if it's more about economics than fairness?

Thank you,
Linda

quincy

My house was oversprayed by a company that was painting my ceiling and didn't cover everything. It's an LLC company without insurance.

Is litigation about fairness or will I be the only one to concede? I'm wondering if it's more about economics than fairness?

Thank you,
Linda
Was the paint coating in addition to traditional insulation? The paint on its own will not insulate a house.

If the painting was not completed to your satisfaction, you can have the company come back out to cover the areas it missed.

In the future, any company you hire to do work on your house should be licensed (if required by state law) and insured.

lindacj35

More information would be helpful. :)
I'm trying to get the company to clean and replace the items their painter ruined and they are saying they don't have enough money to do so. They have been putting me off for two and a half years.

quincy

Two-and-a-half years? You did not think to take them to court then?

You have three years to file a breach of contract claim and property damage claim. Did you have a written contract?

lindacj35

Was the paint coating in addition to traditional insulation? The paint on its own will not insulate a house.

If the painting was not completed to your satisfaction, you can have the company come back out to cover the areas it missed.

It was the paint only because it has insulation in it. They say I'm the only person that hasn't had their electric bill reduced by 25%.

They lied and said they were licensed, bonded, and insured and if it didn't work I could get my money back! They also had good references and an A rating with the BBB.

They have painted my ceiling 4, yes 4 times and it still needs another coat because the coat before is seeping through in s darker shade of white.

In the future, any company you hire to do work on your house should be licensed (if required by state law) and insured.

lindacj35

Two-and-a-half years? You did not think to take them to court then?

You have three years to file a breach of contract claim and property damage claim. Did you have a written contract?
Yes, I thought about it but I'm 72, with limited income. (Social Security)

They were helping me get things cleaned up and replaced, but when they saw the extent of the damages they started saying the didn't have the money.

lindacj35

Yes, I thought about it but I'm 72, with limited income. (Social Security)

They were helping me get things cleaned up and replaced, but when they saw the extent of the damages they started saying the didn't have the money.
Yes I have a contract with them.

quincy

First, a BBB rating means very little. Companies can pay for good ratings.

If the company tried to fix the problem with the paint application and failed after 4 attempts, you probably should have had another company finish the job and charge the first company the difference.

The paint does not provide the insulation required for a house. It potentially can reduce utility costs when used in addition to regular insulation.

If the company made false or misleading claims about the insulating properties of the paint, you can consult with an attorney in your area to investigate the costs of pursuing a legal action against the company.

The problem I see that you could have is collecting on any judgment awarded you should you be successful with a lawsuit. If the company has no money now, they are going to be difficult to collect from.

Because of your age and income, you should be eligible for free or low cost legal assistance. Check your State’s consumer protection division for senior care services: https://aging.sc.gov/programs-initiatives/legal-assistance-seniors

Last edited:

lindacj35

First, a BBB rating means very little. Companies can pay for good ratings.

If the company tried to fix the problem with the paint application and failed after 4 attempts, you probably should have had another company finish the job and charge the first company the difference.

The paint does not provide the insulation required for a house. It potentially can reduce utility costs when used in addition to regular insulation.

If the company made false or misleading claims about the insulating properties of the paint, you can consult with an attorney in your area to investigate the costs of pursuing a legal action against the company.

The problem I see that you could have is collecting on any judgment awarded you should you be successful with a lawsuit. If the company has no money now, they are going to be difficult to collect from.

Because of your age and income, you should be eligible for free or low cost legal assistance. Check your State’s consumer protection division for senior care services: https://aging.sc.gov/programs-initiatives/legal-assistance-seniors

lindacj35

How does a company pay for good ratings? If that's the case they're worthless!

If I had hired another company to do another paint job, they would not have paid them. That's why I have let them pay for the other paint jobs directly to the painters.

I tried many times to get someone from those agencies to help me with this disaster, but none returned any of my calls or emails.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I wanted to get another attorney's opinion before I make a decision about my case. I hope you don't mind.

I finally found a reasonable attorney through the SC Bar Assoc. We are trying to settle out of court, but my attorney thinks I should be the one to always concede. So far I've conceded to the tune of $7,300!
They have conceded nothing!

My attorney says it's not about fairness but economics so I should settle for what they want to pay and live with my home not cleaned. I always thought negotiating cases was about fairness not economics! Am I wrong?

quincy

The Better Business Bureau has no power to do anything but try to broker a satisfactory agreement between a consumer and a business. Neither the consumer nor the business has any obligation to even respond to a letter from the BBB. In theory, the more consumer complaints a company receives, the lower any “rating” should be - but in reality, if a company is a paying member of the BBB, their ratings will remain high.

I am happy you contacted an attorney in South Carolina to personally review the situation. A good settlement is better than nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">