• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Really screwed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nate Chef83

10 years ago I got 2 DUI's a few months apart. I plead guilty for both, received supervised probation as well as required alcohol assessments for both and classes which I completed and paid all fines for. The facility I did the classes at never submitted the e508 form to health and human services so I have never been able to get my license back. Now they can't find my records at the facility and even more frustrating the probation office said they only keep records for 5 years then send them off. But they won't tell me where they send them so I have no way to obtain the proof of completion. What do I do?

FlyingRon

I should point out for the benefit of others that the poster is talking about NORTH CAROLINA.

It was up to you to keep on the facility you did your training/treatment with to get the E-508. If the probation office says they only keep records for five years, they likely don't 'send' them anywhere. They destroy them.

Most likely you'll have to repeat the program unless you can find the proof you have done it. The state might take some other proof other than the E-508 if you can dredge it up from somewhere.

Nate Chef83

I should point out for the benefit of others that the poster is talking about NORTH CAROLINA.

It was up to you to keep on the facility you did your training/treatment with to get the E-508. If the probation office says they only keep records for five years, they likely don't 'send' them anywhere. They destroy them.

Most likely you'll have to repeat the program unless you can find the proof you have done it. The state might take some other proof other than the E-508 if you can dredge it up from somewhere.
Do court orders and records go into some type of archive storage that are accessable upon request? I appreciate any information or thoughts

FlyingRon

It's not clear what the "case file" is going to do for him. If the treatment center/school didn't send the E-508, it's not going to be there. He needs to hunt down some indication (even if it is not an E-508) such as payment records or other paperwork that proves he complied with the requirements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">