• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notify timing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Riley03

In ohio My 16yr old son was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.how long can police hold him without notifying me.

CdwJava

It appears that if the juvenile is being taken into custody as an offender, then the police are expected to take the juvenile to a place of detention and then notify the parents.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2151.311

If the juvenile is being held on a probation violation it is possible they are being returned into custody at an appropriate detention facility. It appears that after delivery the agency or the detention facility is to "promptly" notify the parents.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In ohio My 16yr old son was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.how long can police hold him without notifying me.
Given that you apparently *know* that he is custody, I'm not sure why formal notification is a concern...

CdwJava

Yet so many people seem to think that some procedural failure equals the golden ring of freedom! We get a lot of posters here that seem to think that a failure to read Miranda rights when someone is arrested means freedom ... too much TV and too little reality.

quincy

Your son might have given the police your niece’s contact information and not your contact information.

Because your niece notified you of your son’s arrest the same night he was arrested, it appears notification was proper.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">