• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When does a Parenting Plan ends?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Missouri
When does a parenting plan expire?
I am the step mom whom is asking for my husband who has a parenting plan for his daughter in the state of Missouri. His daughter whom just turned 18 years old and has special needs. And she can not be emancipated until she is at the age of 21 years old and my husband is obligated to continue to pay child support until she is 21 years old. Her mom has full legal guardianship and conservatorship over her.
Will the parenting plan automatically expire when his daughter turns 18? Or can a parenting plan last until the age of 21 years old?

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Missouri
When does a parenting plan expire?
My husband has a parenting plan for his daughter in the state of Missouri. His daughter whom just turned 18 years old and has special needs. And she can not be emancipated until she is at the age of 21 years old and my husband is obligated to continue to pay child support until she is 21 years old.
BM has full legal guardianship and conservatorship over her. Will the parenting plan automatically expire when his daughter turns 18? Or can a parenting plan last until the age of 21 years old?
What is a "BM"? Surly you are not referring to the mother as a BM?

Just Blue

Sorry biological mother has full legal guardian and conservatorship.
No. Not "BM". Not Biological Mother. Just Mother or Mom. BM, bio-mother,biological mother are terms for a mother who had her parental rights terminate.

You belong to a step parent site...don't you? Because on those sites step's always marginalize a parent (that isn't their spouse) by referring to them as a bio. It's very rude.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Some questions for Dad to answer (sorry, but we really do prefer to deal with one of the legal parties - there are often questions only they can realistically answer, plus it avoids at least one level of mistranslation - remember the old Telephone Game? So please have Dad register under his own user name, He can continue this thread... Thank you!)...

What does the current parenting plan entail? What is the current "issue" with it under question?

What parenting time does Dad have under the above order, and has he utilized his time? If not, why not?

Thank you.

p.s. To touch on the point of the first few posts... a further reason the use of BM is offensive is for the "other" definition - bowel movement. A lot of step-moms (and I'm assuming you are not one of them, you simply saw it as a convenient shorthand) use it as an obvious *dig* at the father's ex - she's nothing but a pile of <feces> and not worthy of (a) Dad or (b) the kid. There is often little love lost between ex-wives and new wives, but it is always wise to remember that there are two sides to the story of every marriage, and a new spouse only hears the one they are given. Behavior after a split is often indicative of what transpired in that marriage, not necessarily a character flaw of the "other" spouse.

Ok i'll just have my husband open up his own account. Sorry to bother everyone with asking a question for him. I did not mean any harm by using the word bm. Thanks for all that responded.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
We have all gotten jaded & cynical. Being Friday & the sun being over the yardarm (where I am, anyway!), I hereby order you all to have a drink with lunch!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">