• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jury trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
illinois:

can I get a jury trial for child support. My attorney already said no because it’s domestic relations but what if jail time is hanging over my head? My entire life is in the hands of one judge and that seems wrong

quincy

Your attorney is correct. In Illinois, your child support case would be held in front of a judge.

Are you behind in paying support?

It helps us help you better if you keep all of your related questions in a single thread.

Aftersomemoney

I am trying to ask so I can find out if he will be able to get one. I heard he wants a jury trial. I didn’t realize you kept track of who posts.

quincy

I am trying to ask so I can find out if he will be able to get one. I heard he wants a jury trial. I didn’t realize you kept track of who posts.
This is Yellowfever’s thread. If you have a legal question, Aftersomemoney, you can start your own thread and we can try to provide you with the information you seek.

I received your private messages but rarely answer questions off the main board. Sorry.

Just Blue

Aftersomemoney had a thread that she deleted. She was the one who lied about her ex's income for child support.

Apparently she got her user names confused. ;)

quincy

Well to be fair "Iliedtobleedmyexofeverycenthedoesn'tevenhave" kinda made a bad impression to the members here. ;)
A username is the first impression we get of a poster. The username chosen can sometimes be telling. :)

I like the humorous usernames. I thought a poster in the debt collection section of the forum who went by the name “I see debt people” (a reference to the movie) was pretty funny.

Just Blue

A username is the first impression we get of a poster. The username chosen can sometimes be telling. :)

I like the humorous usernames. I thought a poster in the debt collection section of the forum who went by the name “I see debt people” (a reference to the movie) was pretty funny.
Her user name is telling but it was the confession she made that was truly off putting. The confession was that she put the ex's income at 6k a month when he actually received less than $900.00 from SSI. Apparently he was a no-show at court ...and I wouldn't put it past that OP to have submitted fraudulent proof of service.

ETA: Aftersomemoney called lying "told a little white lie". She is truly a disgrace as a human being.

quincy

Oh. I have no memory of that thread. I assume it was posted in family law, a section of the forum I tend to avoid. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">