• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue or charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What should I do if I'm being harassed, def of my character, stalked, slandered it's been 2 years of hell and I just want to know do I sue or take out charges on them because I'm putting a end to this one way or another! Thanks for any and all advice!

eerelations

If you could provide more details about the harassment, character defamation, stalking and slandering that you've been experiencing, we could probably give you better information about what you might consider doing about it.

If you could provide more details about the harassment, character defamation, stalking and slandering that you've been experiencing, we could probably give you better information about what you might consider doing about it.
yeah I definitely can I unfortunately had been staying with my boyfriends mom who is the dad of our girls we been together 6 years and she died some time during the night do to heart disease is what the death certificate said. We get blamed for everything in his family they are ALL loony toons we don't bother nobody and we don't care to even be around them or talk to them his moms sister and his grandmother who was Sarah's mom is who I'm speaking of. I'm still being accused to this day for being a murderer the police hasn't so much as asked me a single question about it or lee I wouldn't kill anyone I have never even been arrested n I'm 30. So dss was called on me n lee again 2 days ago again this has happened so many times since I've had my girls which are 5 and 2 that's it's really sickening open and shut cases but my parents and my family believe these lies since dss has to come out n ask and talk to ppl it's ruined my relationship with my family completely and I want my life back and I want peace my girls don't deserve to get asked all these questions that they don't even understand about drugs use that we don't fees them they don't have clothes my girls got more clothes than me n their dad combined I really want to call the police and have them arrested but I don't no if I can. Lee's sister said that grandmas and aunt call Her nonstop trying to find out about where we are what we are doing just to start something because they think I killed his mom it's too crazy to understand for me personally it's really making my depression worse and worse

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Kelly, it would be helpful here if you wrote in proper English with punctuation and capital letters (and paragraphs). People are disinclined to read a run-on mass of text like the above.

The reason you haven't been questioned by the police is most likely that the assertion that you are responsible for mother-in-law's death are just hateful speech and likely haven't even been relayed to the authorities (or if they have, the police dismissed it as groundless).

Unfortunately, you're not going to get any traction on the DSS complaints. That's just the way life is, unfortunately.

You don't have the right to have anybody arrested. PERIOD. It matters not what they did. That's not how the criminal justice system works. Beaning hostile to you is not a crime.

You need to tell us what state this is taking place to give you the best action, but it would seem that the best you can hope for is to restrain the hostile elements of the family from contacting your kids. You can try to sue, but frankly, it will make things a lot uglier before it gets better if it does. You'll have to sit down with an attorney to find exactly what your options are.

OK thanks for the advice I don't teach English for a living so I punctuate how I feel like.
I live in North Carolina, I don't see how I have to keep putting up with this. She died by natural causes...I was working also and had just got home at 2am I sleep all the way to 12 noon most days especially that being the morning that started my 2 days off. It's hard making it to the driveway without falling asleep let along get there and commit some ungodly perfect murder being sleep deprived... it's too stupid when nobody killed her but I'm getting bullied for no reason. His sister has to tell me everytime I see her what they have been saying when she knows I don't want to hear that. Takes my Kids to see these people that's saying horrible things about me with my girls intentionally right in the same room.

adjusterjack

Kelly, you live with your boyfriend's family. If this has been going on for two years why haven't you just packed up and moved? I know, can't afford it. Well, that puts it on you. And why isn't your boyfriend telling his family to (language removed).

You know what, Kelly, there is nothing you will ever be able to do about that hostile family until you get away from them and block all contact with them.

Sorry, but that's a fact of life you'll have to deal with as long as you are dependent upon them.

quincy

Here is a link to an overview of defamation law in North Carolina, published by the Digital Media Law Project (2014): http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/north-carolina-defamation-law

Defamation suits are notoriously expensive legal actions to pursue, as illustrated by Mass_Shyster’s story. Unless the demonstrable injury to one’s reputation is severe, there are generally better and cheaper ways to handle lies.

You could consult with an attorney in your area to discuss your options. One option is to have your attorney send a cease and desist letter to your defamers, advising them that legal action is being considered and may be pursued if the lies do not stop and retractions made.

I am surprised that your own family and friends would believe that you murdered your boyfriend’s mother. That would seem to be an accusation that would not easily be believed by anyone, especially since the medical examiner determined the cause was natural - and especially by those who know you best.

Just Blue

Here is a link to an overview of defamation law in North Carolina, published by the Digital Media Law Project (2014): http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/north-carolina-defamation-law

Defamation suits are notoriously expensive legal actions to pursue, as illustrated by Mass_Shyster’s story. Unless the demonstrable injury to one’s reputation is severe, there are generally better and cheaper ways to handle lies.

You could consult with an attorney in your area to discuss your options. One option is to have your attorney send a cease and desist letter to your defamers, advising them that legal action is being considered and may be pursued if the lies do not stop and retractions made.

I am surprised that your own family and friends would believe that you murdered your boyfriend’s mother. That would seem to be an accusation that would not easily be believed by anyone, especially since the medical examiner determined the cause was natural - and especially by those who know you best.
I'm shocked that the children are allowed anywhere near these defamers.

Kelly, you live with your boyfriend's family. If this has been going on for two years why haven't you just packed up and moved? I know, can't afford it. Well, that puts it on you. And why isn't your boyfriend telling his family to (language removed)?

You know what, Kelly, there is nothing you will ever be able to do about that hostile family until you get away from them and block all contact with them.

Sorry, but that's a fact of life you'll have to deal with as long as you are dependent upon them.

Thank you!! I have begged him to please let's move if not states then at least towns and not have to talk to them so they never know where we are we moved to Anderson SC for 3 months while he worked. No surprise that was the most amazing 3 months since we got in a relationship we did live with his family and I was so miserable. I was scared everyday that particular house everyone knew where we were. They would just come over and sit in the livingroom talking all about us not nobody else just us I was like Ryan Cam you not stand up for me if not us I mean he had to never say anything I couldn't ever say anything walked on eggshells because we didn't have money to move out at that time so I had to hear all these rumors about me n us and I just had to ignore it basically then dss was showing up even then as well I've had dss called on me since before I had my 5 year old I was pregnant with her and his family was trying to get her taken from me when he wasn't the biological dad and they knew it I guess that's the reason for doing it thinking we would be done but hes been right here as her dad still..... It's mentally exhausting really

quincy

I also question why the children’s dad has not put a stop to the lies.

Kelly, if you have been using real names, you should go back and edit them out of your posts. By using real names, you are distributing the lies to a wider audience. This is a public forum.

Yes thank you thats why I'm like so shocked to be honest even still it's not like I'm some nobody person that's able to just get away with murder if I was that evil. It's crazy on top of crazy but thank you a cease and decist would at least get their attention that I'm not going to take anymore if I get to make it that far and they still kept it up after cease and decist what happens then do we go to court or they go to jail or you know?

I also question why the children’s dad has not put a stop to the lies.

Kelly, if you have been using real names, you should go back and edit them out of your posts. By using real names, you are distributing the lies to a wider audience. This is a public forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">