• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon wont provide entitled vision and dental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gatlin121

See what happens tomorrow. Give it till Monday or Tuesday because while I'm sure Amazon runs weekend shifts, I guarantee you the dental and vision carriers don't. It can take up to ten days after enrollment before our vendors can see a new enrollee.

While I'm sure Amazon is good at playing all the angles to their own benefit, it really doesn't benefit them all that much to prevent ONE employee from signing up for fringe benefits like dental and vision, which really don't cost them all that much to begin with. Legally, they CANNOT enroll you until you qualify. It doesn't matter why you don't. "I didn't get Blue Badge status because they changed my schedule - I would have if they didn't", doesn't matter. "I don't qualify because the rules changed - I would if they hadn't" doesn't matter. If you do not qualify they would be in violation of the law to offer you the benefits, and the only recourse you would have is if you had evidence, and I do mean evidence that would stand up in a court of law, that they deliberately withheld benefits for a reason that qualified as illegal discrimination. So far there is no evidence of that.

I'm not unsympathetic, believe me. But it's very unclear that there was anything but poor administration at work here.
Thank you. I appreciate your explanation.

Gatlin121

Well here's the epilogue for my tail with Amazon.

I got my benefits on December 4th 2020
Wasn't able to use them for the month of December because of the busy holidays.
Set my first appointment for January 7th.

Then I was fired from Amazon January 5th. For ridiculous reasons.

They said I "acknowledged I use profanity"
At work at some point.

I would explain but I just don't even care anymore.

All I know this means I only have until the end of January to use my benefits.

Amazon is terrible.

Quick question... am I allowed to record my phone calls with HR?

Gatlin121

Well I started this and here's where I wound up.
I was terminated from Amazon January 5th A month after receiving benefits.
I won't bore you with those details.
However it was kind of a messy exit over the phone. I have been working on getting in touch with the HR VP of the company.

When I finally do reach her she says, "I don't have time to talk to you right now and I don't consent to recording our conversations." Which threw me off guard because I didn't tell her anything about me recording. All I wanted was an explanation to why I was terminated and why has she been absent up till this point pertaining to my benefits questions.

Now here's the thing. The day after I was terminated I called the benefits hotline to the company for information And they told me that my benefits are going to last until the end of the month. So I took action in set appointments to make sure that I use it in that time frame.

Since then I've had dental work done teeth taken out and so forth. Today was supposed to be my last appointment.

I asked them if they can look into my insurance status, They checked and said that I wasn't covered for my last two appointments so I'm going to have to pay out-of-pocket. Needless to say today's appointment is canceled.

I don't know where to focus my energy anymore. I'm getting my ass kicked.

I know it sounds like a lot of complaining but I just need someone in my corner.
Where is the accountability? Yada yada yada. I said this already.

How can they give me so much bad information without consequence?
Got them on tape. I got them on email. And when I confront them about these cases they say "we'll make training corrections for employees in the future"

They can't be allowed to do this to people.
Amazon has royally F'd me in the A.

Gatlin121

I know I must sound like a broken record through all this. I'm just crushed by the whole thing right now. I don't know what to do about it. I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I'm probably just going to have to eat this. Even though I have a timeline of documents stretched over a year proving I've reached out countless times over this issue. Not to mention the misguided information I received in the process. They told me I had the rest of the month..... and then I found out through making appointments after the 11th that my coverage is no more.

I have no support here..
I'm having the worst luck. I have unfinished dental work and I walked home from the dental office because my car died in their parking lot. Please excuse my complaining.

I just know that there's an answer out there. It's not okay whats happening to me. I need to do something about it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unfortunately, Arizona is not one of the few states that requires "service letters". In the few states that do, upon your (usually written) request, the employer is required to provide you with a written letter which includes your dates of employment and the reason you were fired. In the absence of a service letter law, however, the employer has no legal obligation to give you a reason for your termination.

What I need you to do now is to go back to HR and tell them you want a copy of the Summary Plan Description for your medical, dental and vision benefits. They are required by law to give it to you, although if I remember correctly they have something like 30 days to do so. They may direct you to a link on the website, and if so that's okay, that's in compliance with the law - just make sure you know how to find it. When you receive it or know where it's located, come back to me with it and I'll tell you what I need. I don't guarantee that I can get you an extension of your benefits till the end of the month (although you should be offered COBRA) but I can tell you whether you have legal grounds to fight the termination of benefits before the end of the month.

Gatlin121

Unfortunately, Arizona is not one of the few states that requires "service letters". In the few states that do, upon your (usually written) request, the employer is required to provide you with a written letter which includes your dates of employment and the reason you were fired. In the absence of a service letter law, however, the employer has no legal obligation to give you a reason for your termination.

What I need you to do now is to go back to HR and tell them you want a copy of the Summary Plan Description for your medical, dental and vision benefits. They are required by law to give it to you, although if I remember correctly they have something like 30 days to do so. They may direct you to a link on the website, and if so that's okay, that's in compliance with the law - just make sure you know how to find it. When you receive it or know where it's located, come back to me with it and I'll tell you what I need. I don't guarantee that I can get you an extension of your benefits till the end of the month (although you should be offered COBRA) but I can tell you whether you have legal grounds to fight the termination of benefits before the end of the month.
I requested it and they are going to send it to me in the mail in a few business days. I'll let you know as soon as I receive it. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">