• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my personal trainer for loss for membership fees?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

missyj98

Had you read the TOS/TOC when you joined, you would realize that most every volunteer here is not an attorney, but an educated layperson. We do, however, have several site vetted attorneys that volunteer. I will tag them for you so they can offer their opinion on this issue.

@Mass_Shyster @TigerD @Taxing Matters @Ohiogal
That's fine, I'm asking them to explain why it is so important that I cancelled the contract after it was fulfilled.

missyj98

So if this gym contract was for 50 years instead of 2 you would expect your trainer to be on the hook for that long?
Well considering that is highly unlikely, I would more than likely be dead and if not at least not able to do what I do now. But had it been for 50 years, I wouldn't have been that dumb with delusions of grandeur to think that I could fulfill it myself much less have him fulfill it. Lets stay in reality here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well considering that is highly unlikely, I would more than likely be dead and if not at least not able to do what I do now. But had it been for 50 years, I wouldn't have been that dumb with delusions of grandeur to think that I could fulfill it myself much less have him fulfill it. Lets stay in reality here.
5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

missyj98

There you go. Your goals weren't endless.
my bad, wrong wording. But he knew what my goals were as long as I was able to fulfill them, but in my mind as anyone else with life goals, they are endless. Had him/I gotten hurt, moved, changed careers, etc, there would have been no issues, Had he cancelled farther down the road for other reasons, other than scheduling and location, I wouldn't have cared. His duty was to make sure that the scheduling and location were going to meet his requirements, I was fine with the travel and scheduling. Which I guess brings me to another point, He told me to join this gym, he was a member and was there everyday, I even asked him via text message, if it was going to be a problem, I didn't want to cut into his personal training sessions, which leads back to the same answer, No problems, long haul. Let me ask you this, if you had someone doing something for you that was going to take years and that person knew it was going to take years, and reassured you they were in it for "the long haul" would you assume or be reassured they were going to finish the project they set out to do. You don't seem to understand the relationship a "personal Trainer and their serious client has. It's just that, personal, they are involved in your personal aspects of life, not just some guy that slaps weights on a bar and tells you to do something, We had meetings on a regular basis, this is a business deal, not just two people hanging out. His business was personal training and he owns and operates a company for personal training. I'm not sure if you can see these links but they are pictures of us, the trainer being the guy, and his competitors. I am the one in the normal clothes.

Last edited:

missyj98

I think your drama that the FIRST gym were much much more YOUR fault than you realize and or admit.

You had no contract, and your trainer dropped you.

please tell me how you come to that conclusion that the drama was my fault, far from it. I'll tell you this much, I came and went in that gym and minded my own business, I was there for one thing, I own and operate my own company, so unwanted negative attention is the last thing I would put myself in position for. Another girl that was suppose to be on my team got upset/jealous because I moved up in class faster than she did. She started talking hateful about me to members, even going as far as bullying me and other members that would talk to me, then another girl on my team got into a verbal altercation with this chick in the middle of the gym floor in front of everyone. Eventually the drama queen left and all was peaceful for about 3 months. Even to the point that I had several people at the gym apologize to me about the way they treated me. One man came up and said "I want to apologize for how nasty I was to you, but if J (bully) saw me talking to you she would blow a gasket." This was a grown man in his 50's acting like and being treated like he was in high school. This is where me getting kicked out came from and I will take full responsibility for it. A friend of mine asked me via FB how I was doing with my training and my reply was it's going great, now that "J" is not there it's peaceful. (my friend knew the entire mess) The post and answer got screen shot, sent to "J" and she blew it up all over FB. the owner saw it and said I couldn't come back. I simply talked to my trainer, he knew everything that was going on, unfortunately his money came from the bully as well as from me so I expected nothing of him. He said he would train me at the other gym, sign the contract. I never asked him to do anything., I was willing to do online training ONLY, and he said no, he would continue to work with me at the other gym F2F. I worked in the legal field for almost 10 years as a court reporter and paralegal, so I know that to get honest, helpful and straight answer, you have to be honest with your attorney. So don't jump to conclusions when you know absolutely nothing about me. There are always people that want to judge outside the context. And sorry to tell all of you, I went thru all of my paperwork from my competitions, and there is an open ended written contract between myself and the trainer. Not to mention his FB page for his company where he states that it takes a lifetime to get where you need to be, hire him and he will help get you there. So, what would you classify a statment like that to be, false advertisement

Zigner

...hire him and he will help get you there. So, what would you classify a statment like that to be, false advertisement
Huh? He DID help you...now he doesn't. It's 100% truthful advertising.

Best of luck in your lawsuit.

missyj98

I can't imagine why you thought posting pic's of you and others was necessary or even appropriate.
I was trying to show that this guy was a professional trainer and his clients were competitive bodybuilders. It seems that people are treating this like I asked my neighbor to train me or something. And to basically show I was REAL, not just making things up. If I were to meet with a lawyer, he is going to want to see evidence. This is what this guys does for a living, he knows the ins and outs of what it takes to get up on that stage, to prepare and the time it takes to do it. I'm wasting mine and everyone elses time here. People draw false conclusions on my words, saying I'm a pain in the ass, and basically a drama queen. I took this guys word on something and my contract with the gym was also signed by him stating he would be training me while the contract is in place. We had to do that so that the gym would get the extra 10% off of the top of his wages, which I paid. He got his total payment of $1100, and I also paid the 10% so it didn't affect his income. But the gym in which he told me to go was adamant that they get their 10% so it had to be in writing.

Zigner

I was trying to show that this guy was a professional trainer and his clients were competitive bodybuilders. It seems that people are treating this like I asked my neighbor to train me or something.
I have no idea were you get that from.
And to basically show I was REAL, not just making things up.
Nobody said (or implied) otherwise.
If I were to meet with a lawyer, he is going to want to see evidence. This is what this guys does for a living, he knows the ins and outs of what it takes to get up on that stage, to prepare and the time it takes to do it.
It has nothing to do with your case.
I'm wasting mine and everyone elses time here. People draw false conclusions on my words, saying I'm a pain in the ass, and basically a drama queen.
We're only giving our impression based on, yes, your words.
I took this guys word on something and my contract with the gym was also signed by him stating he would be training me while the contract is in place.
Oh, NOW you have something in writing? Three pages in and it's the first time you mentioned it.
We had to do that so that the gym would get the extra 10% off of the top of his wages, which I paid. He got his total payment of $1100, and I also paid the 10% so it didn't affect his income. But the gym in which he told me to go was adamant that they get their 10% so it had to be in writing.
the gym seems to know what they're doing. Now, review that contract for the actual wording and you might have something useful there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">