• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does the Wa DOL have to schedule hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mamawifelmm

What is the name of your state? Washington.

My question is how long the DOL has to set a DUI hearing. I mailed my request for a hearing and the $375 the day after the arrest on Dec. 13. I took a breath test - it was my first dui.

It’s now been 58 days and I haven’t received notice of the hearing. I also checked with the dol and my license is still active, so I don’t think that they didn’t get my request.

How long do they have to schedule a hearing?

quincy

Typically the hearings are scheduled within 30 days from receipt by the DoL of the request. Your license remains valid until the hearing.

Mamawifelmm

Typically the hearings are scheduled within 30 days from receipt by the DoL of the request. Your license remains valid until the hearing.
It’s been 58 days. How long do they have to schedule it? Will it eventually be dropped if they don’t?

quincy

You took a breath/blood test, right? What was your BAC? Have you had your DUI hearing yet?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
You took a breath/blood test, right? What was your BAC? Have you had your DUI hearing yet?
(Bolding added.) I'm guessing you meant to ask about the DUI criminal trial rather than the DoL hearing that the OP is asking about (and clearly hasn't yet had ;)) right?

quincy

(Bolding added.) I'm guessing you meant to ask about the DUI criminal trial rather than the DoL hearing that the OP is asking about (and clearly hasn't yet had ;)) right?
I actually was curious to know if Mamawifellm had been to court yet on the DUI. I wanted to know the status of the DUI, if Mamawifellm has been charged.

A DUI arrest when the driver has not refused testing and the BAC is below 0.08 (generally) will not result in an automatic driver’s license suspension.

Last edited:

Mamawifelmm

I actually was curious to know if Mamawifellm had been to court yet on the DUI. I wanted to know the status of the DUI, if Mamawifellm has been charged.

A DUI arrest when the driver has not refused testing and the BAC is below 0.08 (generally) will not result in an automatic driver’s license suspension.
I took a breath test, no blood. I had a high BAC, .20. I had my pre-trial and I am being charged. Just haven’t heard anything from the DOL.

quincy

I took a breath test, no blood. I had a high BAC, .20. I had my pre-trial and I am being charged. Just haven’t heard anything from the DOL.
Well ... I guess the good news for you is that the state did not automatically suspend your license after your arrest. And, if the DoL received your request for a hearing, your license should not be suspended until after the DoL hearing, or DUI conviction (whichever comes first).

I recommend you hire an attorney for your DUI if you have not done so already. The attorney can check to see why a hearing on your license has not been scheduled yet. You should be notified of the time and date and the hearing, when it happens, will probably be by telephone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">