• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uber refusing Toll Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In some places, particularly in the northeastern part of the U.S., it can be difficult or impossible to avoid toll roads and bridges.
As an example, if I am driving home to the South Shore from a weekend in Maine, I can drive directly through Boston or I can drive around Boston. The direct drive is a toll road. The bypass is not, but is 11 miles longer.

quincy

It is weekly, however, we can cash out at any time for instant deposit.
Thank you for answering my earlier question.

Uber has a “contact us” number/address if you question the amount you are receiving in pay and toll reimbursement. Apparently Uber drivers have had some issues getting Uber to respond promptly or to adequately address driver problems, though.

I think I read somewhere that the toll reimbursements are being handled differently now in Massachusetts and that might have caused some delays.

SuburDad

Some of the tolls are reimbursed by Uber to the driver and some of the tolls are not. The tolls that are reimbursed are automatically added to the passenger’s bill.

SuberDad should look over the Uber terms to determine if he is actually being shortchanged. It is possible that he is being paid exactly what Uber agreed to pay.

I believe all Uber drivers agree to resolve all disputes with Uber on an individual basis and through final and binding arbitration.
The tolls in question were all from 2 tunnels heading into Logan Airport and East Boston.
Some of the tolls are reimbursed by Uber to the driver and some of the tolls are not. The tolls that are reimbursed are automatically added to the passenger’s bill.

SuberDad should look over the Uber terms to determine if he is actually being shortchanged. It is possible that he is being paid exactly what Uber agreed to pay.

I believe all Uber drivers agree to resolve all disputes with Uber on an individual basis and through final and binding arbitration.
There’s only 2 tolls (to Logan airport and East Boston) they seem to be missing. The airport ones should be easy for their system to automatically figure out.

I think I’m gonna have to just swallow it and just be on top of checking all trips there to make sure I’m getting paid correctly going forward.

SuburDad

Thank you for answering my earlier question.

Uber has a “contact us” number/address if you question the amount you are receiving in pay and toll reimbursement. Apparently Uber drivers have had some issues getting Uber to respond promptly or to adequately address driver problems, though.

I think I read somewhere that the toll reimbursements are being handled differently now in Massachusetts and that might have caused some delays.
Yes, they changed the rate being charged to the commercial rate last May. As for their support, it’s outsourced and is by far the least helpful I’ve encountered. I have “priority support”, supposedly, due to number of rides and my rating so I can only imagine how bad their regular support is!

SuburDad

In the contracts are there any penalties for refusing to use toll roads and only using non toll roads to take a customer from A to Z ?
If I avoided the tolls it would increase the drive time by 20 minutes at least when there is no traffic very late night. The rest of the time with traffic it’ll add 40 minutes. Not really doable here unfortunately.

quincy

... I think I’m gonna have to just swallow it and just be on top of checking all trips there to make sure I’m getting paid correctly going forward.
Although it is unfair to not be reimbursed for all of the tolls costs, it probably is easiest to accept the loss and keep a close eye going forward on your pay and reimbursements.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">