• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Boundover Charges for Trial.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rwa5659

If the case number does change, I think there is still reference made to the magistrate court case number.

Why is this of concern to you? Are you trying to follow a case and getting confused by the case numbers?
If there a way I could communicate with you more about this, without bringing this into the forum I would give you more of an incite of what I am really trying to verify and it deals with a family member.

rwa5659

If there a way I could communicate with you more about this, without bringing this into the forum I would give you more of an incite of what I am really trying to verify and it deals with a family member.
Are you an Attorney?

quincy

You should contact an attorney licensed to practice in your own jurisdiction if you have confidential information you wish to disclose. No one on this forum (attorney or not) can (or should) advise you off the forum’s main board.

Your instincts are good, however. You should never disclose private information on a public forum, especially if such a disclosure can work to compromise an active case.

rwa5659

You should contact an attorney licensed to practice in your own jurisdiction if you have confidential information you wish to disclose. No one on this forum (attorney or not) can (or should) advise you off the forum’s main board.

Your instincts are good, however. You should never disclose private information on a public forum, especially if such a disclosure can work to compromise an active case.
Thank you for that response. I am just trying to verify my findings as to what I believe is a very serious injustice in this case and as for attorneys I will say this, there have been many Court appointed counsels involved in this matter and none want to even addesse this finding, so I as a family member am trying to find a way to get this to the attention of the right government agency and I don't know who I can even trust at this point or where I can to take this to for I and my family do not have the financial means to even hire an Attorney to assist us.

quincy

Thank you for that response. I am just trying to verify my findings as to what I believe is a very serious injustice in this case and as for attorneys I will say this, there have been many Court appointed counsels involved in this matter and none want to even addesse this finding, so I as a family member am trying to find a way to get this to the attention of the right government agency and I don't know who I can even trust at this point or where I can to take this to for I and my family do not have the financial means to even hire an Attorney to assist us.
The attorneys representing the accused will not discuss the case with anyone but their client (accused), without the express permission of their client. This could be why you are running into problems learning anything.

Or it could be that the public defender(s) do not have the luxury of extra time to devote to questions asked by anyone but their client.

If you believe there is a “serious injustice,” perhaps you could try directing your questions to the American Civil Liberty Union?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
A change in case numbers is simply an administrative issue. There is no injustice in changing the case numbers, and as I indicated it's not that unusual to see a case get new case numbers as the case is transferred from one court to another. What is the actual injustice that you think is going on? You may simply be misunderstanding some part of the process.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Following is a link to what I think will answer your original question. The link is to the Circuit Clerk Manual (2016). See Chapter 2, Case Number Assignment, 2-1 et seq:
http://www.courtswv.gov/court-administration/court-services/2016CircuitClerkManual.pdf
That's a good find, quincy. And it confirms that the circuit courts assign their own case numbers to the case when it is transferred from magistrate's court to circuit court.

So renumbering is not any indication of injustice here. It will happen in every case. Perhaps the OP will be able to explain what injustice he or she thinks is going on.

quincy

So, unless case number assignments have changed since 2016, the first number given will be the last two digits of the year, the F stands for felony, the B stands for bound over, and the final number shows when it was filed. With the example given, the 10F-325 would indicate that it was the 325th felony case filed in 2010 in that court.

rwa5659

So, unless case number assignments have changed since 2016, the first number given will be the last two digits of the year, the F stands for felony, the B stands for bound over, and the final number shows when it was filed. With the example given, the 10F-325 would indicate that it was the 325th felony case filed in 2010 in that court.
Thank You quincy that was very informative. Here is the dilemma of this Case. Into the Magistrate Court goes 39 Felony Counts of three (3) alleged victims. Victim 1 three (3) Counts. Victim 2 eighteen (18) Counts. Victim 3 eighteen (18) Counts. Victim 1 three (3) Counts and Victim 2 eighteen (18) Counts are DISMISSED NO PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND for victim 1 and victim 2 DID NOT APPEAR IN MAGISTRATE COURT TO TESTIFY. Victim 3 eighteen (18) Counts PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND moved to Circuit Court for Trial. Charging officer retires from Police Department five (5) days before Bond Hearing. Bond Hearing is held 19 days after Magistrate Court. Still only Victim 3's 18 Counts from Magistrate Court as Boundover. Into Grand Jury go 18 Boundover Charges for Victim 3. Out of Grand Jury comes 12 Counts, 4 Counts for Victim 1, 4 Counts for Victim 2, and 4 Counts for victim 3. For victim 1 two (2) new charges appear in Indictment that had NOT been introduced into Magistrate Court ,and remember only three (3) Counts for victim 1 went into Magistrate Court but 4 Counts come out of Grand Jury. For victim 2, two (2) new Charges that had NOT been introduced into Magistrate Court appear in the Indictment. NO new Prosecution Case. NO Direct Indictment.
Retired Police Officer comes into Trial. Testifies he was the Charging Officer of all 12 Counts of the Indictment. Testifies that his partner had taken his charges to the Grand Jury because he had retired. His partner does not testify. State tells Trial Jury in closing argument Retired Officer had filed all the charges of the 12 Count Indictment two (2) months before he retired from Police Department. Officer had retired 11 Days after Preliminary Hearing, and five (5) days before Bond Hearing. Defendant Convicted on 4 Counts of victim 1. Can anyone figure this one out LOL.

I'm sorry about the LOL. I have realized now that such may have made it appear this is some sort of a joke and believe it's not. This is for real, it's happened and the case is still ongoing. I can prove how and why this happened and we've tried. I'm just trying to get help from anyone out there to see how serious this Case is, with my family member. It involves a lot of corruption of Officials and their efforts being taken to hide all this. I'm just trying to find the best route to someone who can be trusted to help us with this. Again I apologize for the LOL that may have made it appear this was some sort of a laughing matter because it's not.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">