• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Flagged -- but not immigration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mary87

what does it mean to be "Red Flagged" not due to immigration. Canada wide and Internationally? Thank You

Mary87

US Law only
no you are wrong. in the US it is related to guns. This is like interpol -- international. I literally can not find much on it. The only two academic articles I have found that are a lead are "persons of special interest" and "internationally protected persons'".

quincy

no you are wrong. in the US it is related to guns. This is like interpol -- international. I literally can not find much on it. The only two academic articles I have found that are a lead are "persons of special interest" and "internationally protected persons'".
Where are you located? FreeAdvice addresses U.S. laws only.

You are correct that “red flag laws” in the U.S. are gun control laws - but “red-flagged” can refer to many things. In what context are you using red-flagged?

FlyingRon

Canada uses red flag with regard to being questioned on entry into the country. I suspect that he's referring to that but it's outside the scope of this forum and meaningless without more details which wouldn't be appropriate to get in to.

Just Blue

Ummm....No. I am not wrong. FreeAdvice is for United States Law Only.

Mass_Shyster

Many US States are enacting "Red Flag" laws. These laws allow a petitioner to ask the court to remove guns from someone deemed dangerous or otherwise likely to cause harm with his or her guns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">