• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DIRT BAG WONT PAY! judgement !!!! keyed my car!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZXZZ22

Guy keyed my car and got sued for 2,400$. I won and he won't pay after countless letters and texts. I put a lean on his house but still nothing. He leases a brand new car and im sure he has $ i don't know his bank or work info claims he doesn't work which i think is true.

Basically, I have to force the $ out of him, what are my options?

I live in Californa

Last edited:

Just Blue

Guy keyed my car and got sued for 2,400$. I won and he won't pay after countless letters and texts. I put a lean on his house but still nothing. He leases a brand new car and im sure he has $ i don't know his bank or work info claims he doesn't work which i think is true.

Basically, I have to force the $ out of him, what are my options?

I live in Californa
You have a lien on his home. When it sells you will be paid.

But here is information for garnishment:

https://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/small_claims/collect.shtml

ZXZZ22

You have a lien on his home. When it sells you will be paid.

But here is information for garnishment:

https://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/small_claims/collect.shtml
I'm aware of that, the problem is he won't sell it I'm sure until he dies...lol
Garnishment is for if he works which I've said he doesn't as far as i know.

BUT i do want to have the sheriffs come to his house and collect valuables but the small claims advisor said it normally gets denied. What do you think?

Just Blue

I'm aware of that, the problem is he won't sell it I'm sure until he dies...lol
Garnishment is for if he works which I've said he doesn't as far as i know.

BUT i do want to have the sheriffs come to his house and collect valuables but the small claims advisor said it normally gets denied. What do you think?
Did you read the links that Quincy and I provided?

ZXZZ22

Did you read the links that Quincy and I provided?
Yes, long time ago. Small claims advisor told me most of those are junk. Making him show what he owns he will just say nothing. Showing his bank # if he even brings it. the next day he will just close his account.
BUT since I'm pretty much out of options ill do it i guess.

quincy

Yes, long time ago. Small claims advisor told me most of those are junk. Making him show what he owns he will just say nothing. Showing his bank # if he even brings it. the next day he will just close his account.
BUT since I'm pretty much out of options ill do it i guess.
Judgments last a long time. What you can’t collect now, you can always try to collect later.

Good luck.

ZXZZ22

Judgments last a long time. What you can’t collect now, you can always try to collect later.

Good luck.
The longer i wait the less chance of payment i get. Also, i can add my costs to the judgment for 1 more year after that i cant raise the price. Like i raised the judgment 120$ more when I put the lean on his house.

Whats your take on giving my judgment to a lawyer or 3rd party? Small claims advisor said its the most stupid thing ever. Cause she sees this loop. You give them the judgment they collet and never pay you so your back to square one and have to re-sue and re-collect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">