• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two agencies I worked for are refusing to pay me, and government office telling them it's okay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaker

You kind of shot yourself in the foot there. I guess it never occurred to you to take a screen shot of what you were doing online.

Anyway, are these agencies government entities or are they private employment agencies hired by the government. Either way you can file a lawsuit against them. It'll just be more difficult if they are government entities.
It is both. The agencies and the government. They have reduced my hours from their website that I submit the hours on. When I inquire about this, they send me cease and desist emails saying that they will contact law enforcement if I don't stop "harassing them" and are accusing me of things I never said or did. Both the government and the employment agencies are doing this to me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It is both. The agencies and the government. They have reduced my hours from their website that I submit the hours on. When I inquire about this, they send me cease and desist emails saying that they will contact law enforcement if I don't stop "harassing them" and are accusing me of things I never said or did. Both the government and the employment agencies are doing this to me.
If YOU have no record of your hours, and if their system DOES have a record of your hours, how do you expect to get anywhere?

sdaker

If YOU have no record of your hours, and if their system DOES have a record of your hours, how do you expect to get anywhere?
Both agencies went into their individual online timesheet systems, and changed the hours that I submitted by hand. I didn't think to take pictures of this, I didn't know they were going to do this to me. They are now threatening me with cease and desist emails, saying that they will call the police if I don't stop "harassing them", and are accusing me of speaking in an "inappropriate demeanor" with one of their female managers.

Zigner

Both agencies went into their individual online timesheet systems, and changed the hours that I submitted by hand.
What evidence do you have of this? And, for what reason would they do this to just you?

Zigner

I reported your other thread as a duplicate. There is no need for another thread. Also, the identifying information is not allowed on this forum.

sdaker

What evidence do you have of this? And, for what reason would they do this to just you?
They changed the hours that I inputted, and removed entire days. I don't know why they're doing this just to me. It may be a case of racial/religious discrimination. It may be that they think they can push me around because they know I don't have the money to hire a private attorney, or that the amount of money that they owe me isn't worth the time of most attorneys, who go after bigger cases. Nonetheless, I still think there's merit to base their actions on racial/religious discrimination.

sdaker

I opened a new thread. But the moderators didn't approve of it. I'll post what I wrote on the new thread here instead.

I posted a question earlier about what I needed to do for my situation in which two agencies that I worked for were in cahoots with the LA County government office refusing to pay me for the regular hours as well as the over/double time hours that I worked. Now it has gotten worse because they are all threatening to contact law enforcement if I don't "cease and desist", accusing me of harassment, and saying that I was speaking with "inappropriate demeanor" to one of the female managers over the phone, none of which is true. These are false, slanderous accusations that they are using as excuses not to pay me, and I have at this point been terminated by both of their agencies for refusing to give up on getting my money. They are accusing me of lying about the hours that I worked, and saying that I'm harassing them just for inquiring about this over the phone and through email. It is both the private agencies as well as the LA County government office that are making these accusations and threats against me. Once again, I don't know what to do about this. What if they are able to have me arrested for these false accusations, or have restraining orders filed against me? I have no criminal record, no priors, no violent past or violent tendencies. This is nothing more than slanderous used to keep me from getting payed. They have reduced the hours that I worked by changing what I inputted over the internet on their websites. They went in and changed the hours themselves, so they wouldn't have to pay me for the over/double time, and removed entire days of work that I was there. The physical sign in sheets showed that I was there, but I can't get the evidence from them because I can't call or email them again.

Zigner

I worked for two agencies, so they both were considered my employers. xxx & yyy.
Are you saying that both agencies were paying you for the same time that you were working?

(Please don't post identifying info)

sdaker

Are you saying that both agencies were paying you for the same time that you were working?
I'm saying that I worked for two different agencies, one located in Irvine the other in Huntington Beach. The job locations were both in Downey, CA. I worked on separate days for each agency. One paid $22 an hr, the other $17 an hr. When us employees were told not to come in to the jobsite for one agency on certain days, I would go to the jobsite for the other agency.

PayrollHRGuy

I'm saying that I worked for two different agencies, one located in Irvine the other in Huntington Beach. The job locations were both in Downey, CA. I worked on separate days for each agency. One paid $22 an hr, the other $17 an hr. When us employees were told not to come in to the jobsite for one agency on certain days, I would go to the jobsite for the other agency.
Who was your employer? Don't tell us follow the link in my post above and tell them.

Zigner

You're not getting it. DON'T POST IDENTIFYING INFO!

Report them at the link above is what PayrollHRGuy was telling you.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I opened a new thread. But the moderators didn't approve of it. I'll post what I wrote on the new thread here instead.

I posted a question earlier about what I needed to do for my situation in which two agencies that I worked for were in cahoots with the LA County government office refusing to pay me for the regular hours as well as the over/double time hours that I worked. Now it has gotten worse because they are all threatening to contact law enforcement if I don't "cease and desist", accusing me of harassment, and saying that I was speaking with "inappropriate demeanor" to one of the female managers over the phone, none of which is true. These are false, slanderous accusations that they are using as excuses not to pay me, and I have at this point been terminated by both of their agencies for refusing to give up on getting my money. They are accusing me of lying about the hours that I worked, and saying that I'm harassing them just for inquiring about this over the phone and through email. It is both the private agencies as well as the LA County government office that are making these accusations and threats against me. Once again, I don't know what to do about this. What if they are able to have me arrested for these false accusations, or have restraining orders filed against me? I have no criminal record, no priors, no violent past or violent tendencies. This is nothing more than slanderous used to keep me from getting payed. They have reduced the hours that I worked by changing what I inputted over the internet on their websites. They went in and changed the hours themselves, so they wouldn't have to pay me for the over/double time, and removed entire days of work that I was there. The physical sign in sheets showed that I was there, but I can't get the evidence from them because I can't call or email them again.
In case you're unclear about what they are telling you: STOP EMAILING AND/OR CALLING THEM. Or you can get a restraining order against you. Which, if granted and you violate it, you may be arrested. If they are this aggravated at your repeated contacts you are going to find yourself in trouble. So knock it off. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">