• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions before renewing GC, PP and applying for citizenship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAPP

The OP required people to pull teeth to get info earlier with his use of PP and GC.

I missed that you weren't the OP.
It was confusing. As a foreigner, we use GC when we talk about visas, so I'm familiar with it, but I thought PP was Paypal initially because in my hobby group PP means Paypal and it didn't make sense.:D

The I-90 renewal form makes no mention of crimes or criminal convictions.
You fill out the form, send off the $540 fee and wait until you get the appointment for your biometric scan. That's where immigration will discover any criminal records because they will run your name and fingerprints through the Homeland Security database.
And if you have ever claimed any welfare you need to contact an attorney, as the definition of public charge has been expanded.
https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/08/14/2019-17142/inadmissibility-on-public-charge-grounds
I just remembered I had to redo my fingerprints twice when I renewed my green card because my fingerprints were not sharp enough. I ended up sending a form from the police of the city I had lived in, stating that I had no criminal record. They are very thorough.

I just remembered I had to redo my fingerprints twice when I renewed my green card because my fingerprints were not sharp enough. I ended up sending a form from the police of the city I had lived in, stating that I had no criminal record. They are very thorough.
As you have lived in the US for at least 23 years, why have you not applied for citizenship?

PAPP

As you have lived in the US for at least 23 years, why have you not applied for citizenship?
Good question. My native country doesn't allow us to have dual citizenship, so when we choose to become the other country's citizen, we have to give up our original country's citizenship. That's the main reason for not only me but also all my country people who live in the other countries. Usually all other family members except us live in our native country. When our family needs us, we sometimes need to go back there for a long time and it's quite a pain in the neck to get a visa of my country as a foreigner. I wish my country's policy would change someday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">