• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Definition of non-essential employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmxl88

If I fill the form out in its entirety, the bosses will know where it came from... I have been quite vocal. The true "essential" workers here aka nurses are also NOT allowed to wear masks. Can you believe that?!?!?! I heard there were some resignations today.

quincy

If I fill the form out in its entirety, the bosses will know where it came from... I have been quite vocal. The true "essential" workers here aka nurses are also NOT allowed to wear masks. Can you believe that?!?!?! I heard there were some resignations today.
Your employers will know anyway. You should provide all information requested and required.

elmxl88

Oh my... I hope I'm not overhearing correctly but this place I work in might MAKE people take a crash course in becoming a certified nursing assistant. They are repurposing employees because so many have quit. When hell freezes over am I doing this... i'll wait to hear what happens and if they ask me/make me take the course... Wonder what my rights are with this one?????

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh my... I hope I'm not overhearing correctly but this place I work in might MAKE people take a crash course in becoming a certified nursing assistant. They are repurposing employees because so many have quit. When hell freezes over am I doing this... i'll wait to hear what happens and if they ask me/make me take the course... Wonder what my rights are with this one?????
You have the right to refuse. They have the right to terminate your employment. You have the right to apply for unemployment assistance.

quincy

You always can refuse to become a certified nursing assistant. You were not hired for that position. But it could be an opportunity to stay employed at a time when many workers are being let go.

At any rate, you probably would be eligible for unemployment benefits - but it is important to note that unemployment offices throughout the country are currently overwhelmed with applications so there likely would be a delay in getting approved and then paid.

commentator

Delay yes, but in these circumstances, in this type of occupation, in this type of situation, eventually, I suspect this OP would be VERY likely to be approved. And there's that $600 a week bonus that will be applied. I think going home and quitting this job right now would be an excellent thing for you to do. They do not sound as if they are taking any consideration of their employees health and safety. As someone medical told my son recently (he is now recovering from COVID at home) "Son, when this is over, you can get another job, but you can't get another life!"

Last edited:

elmxl88

Since posting about the employer having staff get quickly certified as CNA's.... the boss lady told me that I will need to go to the other building where the HR office is because the girl that works there needs help in filing... That office has a revolving door and staff are in and out complaining to her. So, I have to sit in there and file (which all can wait) They DO NOT care about us and she knows how worried I am.

elmxl88

UPDATE: We have confirmed cases of COVID. Not many but... still have some.
A resident in the assisted living building I work in has it, is in ICU.
If you look at my previous posts, they are having staff members do things outside of their job responsibilities.
The boss doesn't want me to have any downtime so, they are having me help out wherever I can.
Today, I was told to help distribute lunches with the woman who JUST TOLD ME SHE WAS EXPOSED to the resident that is in ICU. Not only was she exposed, but there are 3 others that have been exposed to this resident. They (the employees) are all walking around and have been told they need to continue doing their jobs, there will be no isolation for them!!! WTH!!!!!! Is this crazy???????

Just Blue

UPDATE: We have confirmed cases of COVID. Not many but... still have some.
A resident in the assisted living building I work in has it, is in ICU.
If you look at my previous posts, they are having staff members do things outside of their job responsibilities.
The boss doesn't want me to have any downtime so, they are having me help out wherever I can.
Today, I was told to help distribute lunches with the woman who JUST TOLD ME SHE WAS EXPOSED to the resident that is in ICU. Not only was she exposed, but there are 3 others that have been exposed to this resident. They (the employees) are all walking around and have been told they need to continue doing their jobs, there will be no isolation for them!!! WTH!!!!!! Is this crazy???????
Report it to the Health Dept, the Gov office...All the residents/employees are at risk from this recklessness.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You can report them or not. If you're not willing to do so, there's little else we can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">