• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan Governor bans sale of gardening items

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

I agree. With online ordering and delivery services, there is no reason for someone to be out shopping for plants. Or for someone to be out playing golf with his/her buddies.

There is a “conservative action group” in Michigan that is currently trying to recall Governor Whitmer because she is stomping on constitutional rights by not letting residents do what they want to do. They claim that they are adults and know how to stay safe without government interference. What do they intend to do? Gather in a large group to descend on Lansing to protest.

FlyingRon

We apparently were better prepared than you, FlyingRon. We purchased all of our plants a few weeks ago.
Different climates. We could have started it from seed I guess. Between our greenhouse and the propagation stand my wife has in her crafts room, we have enough other stuff started (mostly lettuce and some other vegetables). The stuff that could stand a frost went into the garden over the past few weeks, but we won't be hardening off the tomatoes and peppers until this week and I'd rather let the home centers worry about the shrinkage of plants dying rather than limping them along indoors.

It's an inane, idiotic policy. Do they tie off the magazine section of the grocery store?

quincy

Different climates. We could have started it from seed I guess. Between our greenhouse and the propagation stand my wife has in her crafts room, we have enough other stuff started (mostly lettuce and some other vegetables). The stuff that could stand a frost went into the garden over the past few weeks, but we won't be hardening off the tomatoes and peppers until this week and I'd rather let the home centers worry about the shrinkage of plants dying rather than limping them along indoors.

It's an inane, idiotic policy. Do they tie off the magazine section of the grocery store?
We have started most of our plants inside. It is still too cold here to plant much of anything outside.

Each store operates differently but the checkout clerks probably will ring up whatever is in a customer’s cart.

LdiJ

I agree. With online ordering and delivery services, there is no reason for someone to be out shopping for plants. Or for someone to be out playing golf with his/her buddies.

There is a “conservative action group” in Michigan that is currently trying to recall Governor Whitmer because she is stomping on constitutional rights by not letting residents do what they want to do. They claim that they are adults and know how to stay safe without government interference. What do they intend to do? Gather in a large group to descend on Lansing to protest.
Sitting here shaking my head.

distraught8

I believe T hit the nail on the head. Nurseries and gardening/lawn care/landscaping companies have all been told that they cannot provide those products/services. to even the "playing field" she has told the stores that sell those items as an addition to their normal, essentials" to discourage the sale thereof.

quincy

I believe T hit the nail on the head. Nurseries and gardening/lawn care/landscaping companies have all been told that they cannot provide those products/services. to even the "playing field" she has told the stores that sell those items as an addition to their normal, essentials" to discourage the sale thereof.
I think that is a reasonable assumption to make.

It is interesting to note that Michiganders had voiced no real concerns over the stay-at-home orders or limiting shopping to essential items only until this latest, more restrictive, Order.

Here is a link to a recent news article about the objections to Whitmer’s handling of the virus:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1182711

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">