• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exexutor of estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bbowden

What is the name of your state?ALABAMA

My friends grandmother passed and has an executor of her estate. The executor allowed a non family member to retrieve burial policy for funeral. The arrangements made were as follows...
No viewing
No service
No cremation
And it is left to the funeral home to dispose of granny at the funeral home convenience. Such a tragedy. I stepped in from the grandsons (care taker and next of kin) to put a hold on it. The executor says she can't be fired. How can I take quick action . he is beneficiary of a 70k savings account. Can we just make arrangements for what granny wanted and pay for it out of pocket. This woman adopted him. Its heart wrenching to see granny being disposed of like trash and didn't exist. I need help fast. She passed earlier this passed week. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

LdiJ

My friends grandmother passed and has an executor of her estate. The executor allowed a non family member to retrieve burial policy for funeral. The arrangements made were as follows...
No viewing
No service
No cremation
And it is left to the funeral home to dispose of granny at the funeral home convenience. Such a tragedy. I stepped in from the grandsons (care taker and next of kin) to put a hold on it. The executor says she can't be fired. How can I take quick action . he is beneficiary of a 70k savings account. Can we just make arrangements for what granny wanted and pay for it out of pocket. This woman adopted him. Its heart wrenching to see granny being disposed of like trash and didn't exist. I need help fast. She passed earlier this passed week. Thank you in advance.
The grandson would have to discuss that with the funeral home and might have to take court action to try to remove the executor. The executor is wrong that she cannot be "fired", a judge can certainly remove her if the judge deems it appropriate. However, at this point in time the no viewing/no funeral part might be due to state restrictions on gatherings. I know that in my state even for funerals you cannot have gatherings of more than 10 people right now.

Last edited:

Bbowden

The executor say
Id ahe couldn't be fired. She allowed an ex daughter in law to go into the safety deposit box for burial policy and god knows what else she took. She also went through the house an got an outdated will and not the current one and took it. It is null and void as he has an original from when he took granny to update it. She is trying to make the grandson or son leave the property. He has taken care of her for years. Theae people haven't been there in 7 years to even check on her except me and him.

quincy

No viewing
No service
No cremation
A question: Did your friend’s grandmother die from Covid-19?

Bbowden

The grandson would have to discuss that with the funeral home and might have to take court action to try to remove the executor. The executor is wrong that she cannot be "fired", a judge can certainly remove her if the judge deems it appropriate. However, at this point in time the no viewing/no funeral part might be due to state restrictions on gatherings. I know that in my state even for funerals you cannot have gatherings of more than 10 people right now.
I understand the social distancing. It is not from that. The daughter in law is beneficiary over the checking and just wants granny done away with, grab what she can, clean the checking. Granny moved 10k over to there for funeral costs and retained an account for ricky. We just want granny to be taken care of respectfully and lovingly as she was to the 2 of us.

Bbowden

I understand the social distancing. It is not from that. The daughter in law is beneficiary over the checking and just wants granny done away with, grab what she can, clean the checking. Granny moved 10k over to there for funeral costs and retained an account for ricky. We just want granny to be taken care of respectfully and lovingly as she was to the 2 of us.
I put the funeral home on hols til we could get it settled. The funeral home had no idea.

quincy

Is Ricky the grandson?

You were not related to the grandmother, correct? You are not a family member?

Bbowden

The funeral home rejected her dress and glasses. Thats when i found out that she was just supposed to be done away with at the convenience of the funeral home. No embalming. No last good bye.... Nothing

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">