• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is she entitled to her husband inheritance now that he passed away?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t74

I would caution you about the importance of selecting a competent ESTATE attorney. Over the years In dealing with my husband's and my estate plan and setting my parents and in-laws estates I have dealt with 9 attorneys; the majority of whom I would never use again. They have ranged from dishonest and incompetent to fantastic. If you or your father has a trusted financial advisor or attorney with another specialty, ask him/her for a recommendation.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Your situation does not make much sense.

Your FATHER needs a lawyer for Estate Planning and to Evict his son's ex wife.
Not knowing the particulars of the situation, and the Father's desires, that advice may be inappropriate.

While the Father has always had the option to evict people from property that he owns, there may be reasons for him to allow his daughter-in-law to live there. For example, there may be grandchildren involved, or the Father may just feel sorry for his daughter-in-law.

We all agree though, that with the passing of his son, the Father should rewrite his will to make sure that it is clarified to reflect his actual wishes.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Not knowing the particulars of the situation, and the Father's desires, that advice may be inappropriate.

While the Father has always had the option to evict people from property that he owns, there may be reasons for him to allow his daughter-in-law to live there. For example, there may be grandchildren involved, or the Father may just feel sorry for his daughter-in-law.

We all agree though, that with the passing of his son, the Father should rewrite his will to make sure that it is clarified to reflect his actual wishes.
See posts #11 and #13.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">