• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MOTELS IN MISSOURI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ANGELROD74

What is the name of your state? MO IVE BEEN STAYING AT THIS MOTEL FOR ALMOST A WEEK NOW. MY AIR CONDITIONER WENT OUT LAST NIGHT AND WHEN I TOLD THE MANAGER ABOUT IT. HE WASNT VERY NICE ABOUT IT AND GAVE ME A FAN AND SAID THAT IS ALL I CAN DO. HE SAID THAT HE HAD NO OTHER ROOMS FOR US TO MOVE TO. HE TOLD ME THAT IF I WANT I CAN LEAVE NOW AND GIVE ME THE MONEY FOR THE REMAINING DAYS I HAVE LEFT THAT HAVE BEEN PAID FOR AT FULL PRICE. HE SAID HE CANT FIX IT UNTIL HIS MAINTENANCE GUY GETS HERE. WHICH THE MANAGER SAID COMES IN AROUND 11 A.M. USUALLY, AND DIDNT EVEN SAY HE WOULD HAVE HIM COME IN EARLIER TO FIX THE AIR CONDITIONER. HE DIDNT SEEM LIKE HE CARED IF WE WAS NOT COMFORTABLE. IT WAS SO HOT LAST NIGHT, THAT I COULDNT SLEEP AND WAS MISERABLE. I WENT AND TALKED TO THE MANAGER AGAIN THIS MORNING AND HE WAS ALL RUDE AND SAID THAT WE COULD LEAVE TODAY AND GIVE US MONEY FOR THE DAYS WE HAVE LEFT, BECAUSE HE SAID HE CANT DO NOTHING. AND SAID THAT WE TOLD HIM ABOUT THE ISSUE LAST NIGHT HE DOESNT WANT TO HEAR AGAIN. THE MANAGER WAS JUST VERY UNKIND AND RUDE AND MADE ME FEEL UNWANTED AND PUTTING NO EFFORT AT ALL TO TRY AND FIX THE ISSUE FOR ME. I TOLD HIM I DONT WANNA LEAVE HIS MOTEL BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE IT HERE AND DONT LIKE ANY OTHER MOTELS.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS ISSUE.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? MO IVE BEEN STAYING AT THIS MOTEL FOR ALMOST A WEEK NOW. MY AIR CONDITIONER WENT OUT LAST NIGHT AND WHEN I TOLD THE MANAGER ABOUT IT. HE WASNT VERY NICE ABOUT IT AND GAVE ME A FAN AND SAID THAT IS ALL I CAN DO. HE SAID THAT HE HAD NO OTHER ROOMS FOR US TO MOVE TO. HE TOLD ME THAT IF I WANT I CAN LEAVE NOW AND GIVE ME THE MONEY FOR THE REMAINING DAYS I HAVE LEFT THAT HAVE BEEN PAID FOR AT FULL PRICE. HE SAID HE CANT FIX IT UNTIL HIS MAINTENANCE GUY GETS HERE. WHICH THE MANAGER SAID COMES IN AROUND 11 A.M. USUALLY, AND DIDNT EVEN SAY HE WOULD HAVE HIM COME IN EARLIER TO FIX THE AIR CONDITIONER. HE DIDNT SEEM LIKE HE CARED IF WE WAS NOT COMFORTABLE. IT WAS SO HOT LAST NIGHT, THAT I COULDNT SLEEP AND WAS MISERABLE. I WENT AND TALKED TO THE MANAGER AGAIN THIS MORNING AND HE WAS ALL RUDE AND SAID THAT WE COULD LEAVE TODAY AND GIVE US MONEY FOR THE DAYS WE HAVE LEFT, BECAUSE HE SAID HE CANT DO NOTHING. AND SAID THAT WE TOLD HIM ABOUT THE ISSUE LAST NIGHT HE DOESNT WANT TO HEAR AGAIN. THE MANAGER WAS JUST VERY UNKIND AND RUDE AND MADE ME FEEL UNWANTED AND PUTTING NO EFFORT AT ALL TO TRY AND FIX THE ISSUE FOR ME. I TOLD HIM I DONT WANNA LEAVE HIS MOTEL BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE IT HERE AND DONT LIKE ANY OTHER MOTELS.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS ISSUE.
Find a different motel.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What did you expect him to do in the middle of the night? Call the maintenance man at home and make him come in? Kick someone else out of their room to give it to you? Pay overtime rates to bring the maintenance guy in early?

If you're unhappy with the service, move to another motel. But no, he didn't violate any laws or any rights and there is no action you can take against him.

ANGELROD74

What did you expect him to do in the middle of the night? Call the maintenance man at home and make him come in? Kick someone else out of their room to give it to you? Pay overtime rates to bring the maintenance guy in early?

If you're unhappy with the service, move to another motel. But no, he didn't violate any laws or any rights and there is no action you can take against him.
THANKS

quincy

Stop shouting. Posting in all caps is shouting. Hard to read and very annoying.
In fairness to ANGELROD74, some people who have poor eyesight will use all caps because it is easier for them to read. They don’t understand that, on the internet, it is considered shouting.

But I agree it IS difficult to read, especially when in combination with bold print and no paragraphs.

FarmerJ

Angelrod just so you know even in a regular rental landlords just dont act that fast when it comes to repairs that are not water or gas related or even minor electric problems and unless your states laws require airconditioning to be repaired in less than 24 hours air conditioning can be lived with out alot easier than no heat in the winter.( yes that doesnt make it any easier to sleep when its hot I know what thats like trying to sleep in day time hours since i work overnights.)

Zigner

quincy

This is not a LL/tenant matter. The OP has been in this motel for ~1 week.
Ah. I assume a similar law would apply to a long term (more than one night) guest of a motel as would apply to a tenant.

Why is this in the landlord/tenant section of the forum?

Zigner

Ah. I assume a similar law would apply to a long term (more than one night) guest of a motel as would apply to a tenant.
Any laws I've seen tend to kick in around the 1-month mark. 1 week isn't really "long term". For example, I'm going to visit a relative out of state next month for 5 days and I'll be staying at a hotel. I'm definitely not a tenant.

Why is this in the landlord/tenant section of the forum?
I think the OP may have thought that s/he has some sort of rights like those given to a tenant...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">