• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingRon

If "Help!!" doesn't want to get an attorney now and roll the dice with the CA, he can. If the CA won't bargain, he can request with the judge time to get counsel. It's routinely granted (though it behooves you to actually have counsel when you return).

quincy

If "Help!!" doesn't want to get an attorney now and roll the dice with the CA, he can. If the CA won't bargain, he can request with the judge time to get counsel. It's routinely granted (though it behooves you to actually have counsel when you return).
My worry would be in Help!!! saying something that harms him rather than helps him. An attorney at the start can help Help!!! avoid the common problem of “open mouth, insert foot.”

FlyingRon

That was my earlier suggestion, but he had advice to try to negotiate with the CA which might work for him.

I'm not familiar with Prince William. The one time I was cited there, the officer already did me a favor and charged me with basic speeding rather than the misdemeanor charge he could have done. Fairfax and Loudoun on the other hand (or Montgomery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">