• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I stopped on crosswalk (no pedestrians) right before line before intersection on red light with a RLC. Did not past last line that goes into curb part

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hrxx

R ZONE. LOCATION : LA COUNTY. Ok here’s the full description. Was making a left turn at an intersection and proceeded with caution. I couldn’t see the traffic light against the glare of the sun so I proceeded with caution FURTHER to see if arrow is red. The main light was green so no pedestrians were on the crosswalk. As soon i went on the crosswalk I stopped immediately before the line into the curb intersection because I saw the light was left turn red. I didn’t cross into the section of where the cars are Pretty sure there were no cars in the intersection too. But I definitely landed on mostly on the crosswalk. Now I don’t know if I saw a flash but I immediately backed out of the crosswalk and back intro my lane. THERE WERE NO CARS BEHIND ME. Can this get me a ticket?i believe that it shouldn’t because I didn’enter the cars zone. And no pedestrians were present. I definitely did not cross into the intersection where the cars are. I really don’t want to get this because I had a ticket last year which was a moving violation. Could it help me in court that I didn’t go thru the intersection AND a I couldn’t see the traffic light against the sun IF i get a Ticket?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The thing that will PROBABLY save you is that the camera didn't take a picture of BOTH plates (a requirement in CA).

Hrxx

The thing that will PROBABLY save you is that the camera didn't take a picture of BOTH plates (a requirement in CA).
So if I stopped and backed into my lane again and I know they take a 12 second video they’de review the whole thing and not charge it as a violation? They didn’t get me crossing the whole intersection the middle and everything because I wasn’t even in car traffics way. Just in the crosswalk. Which there were no pedestrians because the light next to me was green going straight.

Hrxx

You are either going to get the ticket or not get the ticket.

No amount of speculation is going to make you feel any better. You'll just have to sweat it out.
But if you were the one to look at the tape of these things happening. What would you do? Would you think it’s reasonable to get the ticket? Even though I stopped not even entering the car zone ?

FlyingRon

As far as the letter of the law goes you're guilty. You are required to stop before the limit line, crosswalk, or intersecting street, whichever comes first. Of course, in LA County you might decide to ignore the ticket.

Hrxx

As far as the letter of the law goes you're guilty. You are required to stop before the limit line, crosswalk, or intersecting street, whichever comes first. Of course, in LA County you might decide to ignore the ticket.
But wouldn't the officer reviewing the footage at least take into account that I didn't enter the actual intersection? and what do you mean ignore the ticket...

FlyingRon

But wouldn't the officer reviewing the footage at least take into account that I didn't enter the actual intersection? and what do you mean ignore the ticket...
Huh? What is there to take into account? It's illegal and dangerous to pedestrians that you didn't stop before the crosswalk. I can';t tell you how many times I've nearly been killed by people like you who decide they don't need to stop where the law requires.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
They CANNOT issue a (valid) ticket without a legible image of your rear license plate. I don't know how else to say it.

Hrxx

Huh? What is there to take into account? It's illegal and dangerous to pedestrians that you didn't stop before the crosswalk. I can';t tell you how many times I've nearly been killed by people like you who decide they don't need to stop where the law requires.
as you can see from my description I said the main light next to me was green so no pedestrians could have been there. That is why im asking because THERE WERE NO PEDESTRIANS in the crosswalk at the time.

Hrxx

They CANNOT issue a (valid) ticket without a legible image of your rear license plate. I don't know how else to say it.
So if I didn't go into the middle of the intersection and just went on the crosswalk(maybe right in the middle) , they didn't get my rear end plates right?

FlyingRon

as you can see from my description I said the main light next to me was green so no pedestrians could have been there. That is why im asking because THERE WERE NO PEDESTRIANS in the crosswalk at the time.
The absence of pedestrians is not exculpatory. At the minimum you sat there blocking the ultimate safe crossing.

Hrxx

The absence of pedestrians is not exculpatory. At the minimum you sat there blocking the ultimate safe crossing.
I understand that the fact that there were no pedestrians doesn’t defeat the matter but I was going really slow and it was green so there were none! All that should matter is that I didn’t make a left.

FlyingRon

The light wasn't green by your own admission. You entered the intersection on a red arrow. About the only thing that might be exculpatory was an argument that the signal wasn't visible, though the person preparing the ticket for filing likely isn't going to see or even care about that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">