• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20+ mph ticket in Richmond, Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

Nope, you'd just have been charged with a misdemeanor and end up with a life time criminal record if convicted and possibly spend a few days in jail. One of my employees spent four days in the drunk tank in Lowdown county after his (and he had an attorney).

Nope, you'd just have been charged with a misdemeanor and end up with a life time criminal record if convicted and possibly spend a few days in jail. One of my employees spent four days in the drunk tank in Lowdown county after his (and he had an attorney).
Thanks to the officer, really grateful to him.

Eekamouse

You are right. I am also in the processing of obtaining my CDL. This ticket will ruin everything. I will do anything to keep it off my record. The lawyer gave me assurance after I sent him my clean abstracts from multiple states. Thanks again
Wait. You were driving without having a driver's license?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Probalby not. He just gave you a break by not writing you up for reckless. 878 just says munis can set speed limits, so I guess its as good as any. Even if he just wrote "speeding" on it, you'd be found guilty.
My guess would be that 22-2 is the local code that was enacted under the authority of 46.2-878

EDIT: If this was Henrico County, then 22-2 is the section that says they are adopting state law with regard to their traffic regulations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">