• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What business type should I set up?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPTiger1

I am going to hazard a guess here and say RangeMe told SAPTiger to go through RangeMe ... and to advertise it on the internet in as many places as possible. ;)

Links were removed.
Advertising in as many places as possible was the idea. Thank you!

SAPTiger1

If they want to charge you it likely isn't worth it.
Supposedly, it's free to create a supplier profile, but you're right - they may try to charge other fees. I'm trying to avoid that as I've limited resources. I'm currently looking for a full-time job and was driving Lyft 7 days a week to generate some income, but the car has been in the repair shop for the last week. Thank you for your advice.

PayrollHRGuy

Supposedly, it's free to create a supplier profile, but you're right - they may try to charge other fees. I'm trying to avoid that as I've limited resources. I'm currently looking for a full-time job and was driving Lyft 7 days a week to generate some income, but the car has been in the repair shop for the last week. Thank you for your advice.
I think the way RangeMe works is those that are interested in your product send a request via the service. RangeMe then charges you for each lead. I tried to use a similar website for a business service and the leads sucked. I don't know that I ever converted one to a sale.

SAPTiger1

I think the way RangeMe works is those that are interested in your product send a request via the service. RangeMe then charges you for each lead. I tried to use a similar website for a business service and the leads sucked. I don't know that I ever converted one to a sale.
If that's the case, then RangeMe is a racket. Thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom; it'll save me some heartburn and frustration. Moving forward, I'll just contact as many retailers as possible and circumvent the whole RangeMe fiasco. Thanks again!

SAPTiger1

I will do that right now! (I even have a few copies to sign and give away for anyone willing to write a review on Amazon). In addition, I do plan to donate a signed copy to a couple of local libraries...Thanks!

quincy

I will do that right now! (I even have a few copies to sign and give away for anyone willing to write a review on Amazon). In addition, I do plan to donate a signed copy to a couple of local libraries...Thanks!
It was easier to do book readings and signings at local book stores and libraries before Covid-19 but that is a good way to promote your book. Local authors are often a good subject for local news outlets, too.

Good luck with your book promotion and sales.

SAPTiger1

It was easier to do book readings and signings at local book stores and libraries before Covid-19 but that is a good way to promote your book. Local authors are often a good subject for local news outlets, too.

Good luck with your book promotion and sales.
Thank you very much! This side of it has been almost as challenging as writing the book itself. Recently, an Amazon customer wrote the first review and gave it 5 stars - so that was very encouraging! Best wishes to you as well!

PayrollHRGuy

We have an author among our Senior Members. I'll shoot her a PM and see if she has anything to add to the discussion so check back.

quincy

There are actually several published authors and writers among the members of this forum. ;)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm the one PayrollDude mentioned.

I have not used RangeMe. My books are published through Amazon, B&N, iTunes and Kobo through Ingram Spark. I have not created a company but I do have a "publisher", which is me and a domain name that I purchased, which I essentially made up. I worked with a professional book producer who made sure I dotted all the i's and crossed the t's.

I don't want to violate the TOS by posting a link here, but if you want to PM me I will provide you with the name of the marketing house I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">