• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visited by sheriff, other

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vapes

What is the name of your state? IL

Are they looking for someone or just lying?

They somehow had my info. Was about a person met online that I had emailed. They want to look into my emails. Seems like a corny investigation

Just Blue

They somehow had my info. Was about a person met online that I had emailed. They want to look into my emails. Seems like a corny investigation
All over the United States, Federal, State and Local Police are setting traps to suss out people that are praying on children online. If the police are at your door regarding your online behavior/actions, I suggest you find a good Criminal Defense Attorney.

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member

We know absolutely nothing about it, as you've not given us anything to go on. You'd know a lot more than anyone here what is going on with the investigation and whether your online activity might have something to be worried about.

quincy

The police will need a warrant to search your computer or your phone, if you don't consent to the search. It is generally not in your best interests to agree to a search.

If you do not have an attorney and you are presented with a warrant and/or are arrested, follow the advice offered in the video linked to by adjusterjack. Even if you don't have an attorney before you are taken to jail, and if you cannot afford to hire one, you can ask for a public defender from jail. You do not have to wait to appear in court to request one.

V

vapes

Would an injunction pro se work or best with public defender

V

vapes

Just doesn't add up this investigation unless it is they consider me a witness. Just odd they had my info out of the blue

V

vapes

The police will need a warrant to search your computer or your phone, if you don't consent to the search. It is generally not in your best interests to agree to a search.

If you do not have an attorney and you are presented with a warrant and/or are arrested, follow the advice offered in the video linked to by adjusterjack. Even if you don't have an attorney before you are taken to jail, and if you cannot afford to hire one, you can ask for a public defender from jail. You do not have to wait to appear in court to request one.

If I said okay to search emails as I felt nothing I did was wrong. But I hear even being innocent cops can frame you etc if you talk. I've talked with a cop once about a auto incident and charges dropped.

This experience never been through. I used to email people all the time but there was a recent identity theft issue where a man used my email and phone number, and was getting weird calls, emails , etc. I did make a I'd theft report with FTC. But not sure this is the issue here.

V

vapes

You most likely will not get a public defender until you are charged.
Hopefully they will let me alone. I can't help if someone contacts me online and they were wanted or something . The person contacted me first.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
But I hear even being innocent cops can frame you etc if you talk.
It's not necessarily a matter of "framing you", rather, it's a matter of you talking yourself in to being guilty of something.

Did you not watch the video shared in post #2 above? Scroll up and watch it. Really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">