• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible bench warrant under my name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worldinessword

Hey! Context: I do reside in Alabama. I got my first speeding ticket back in December, and I had court later that month. I had pleaded guilty already the prior days but was still awaiting a email back saying the judge had gotten it and so on. I had to go to court, but I had car issues that morning with a dead battery and I had also called the court to let them know my car was giving me issues and I may not make it (I didn’t make it). The email did come saying i was guilty and pay it by January 31st (paid it off in time). I’m just worried, do I have a bench warrant? Should i worry about renewing my license and possibly having one? What should I do? Just super nervous and need advice.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Hey! Context: I do reside in Alabama. I got my first speeding ticket back in December, and I had court later that month. I had pleaded guilty already the prior days but was still awaiting a email back saying the judge had gotten it and so on. I had to go to court, but I had car issues that morning with a dead battery and I had also called the court to let them know my car was giving me issues and I may not make it (I didn’t make it). The email did come saying i was guilty and pay it by January 31st (paid it off in time). I’m just worried, do I have a bench warrant? Should i worry about renewing my license and possibly having one? What should I do? Just super nervous and need advice.
The easiest and fastest way to relieve your uncertainty is to call the clerk of the court and confirm that you've satisfied everything you had to do to resolve the ticket.

adjusterjack

What should I do?
Agree with TM. Your fears should be put to rest with a phone call.

But I wouldn't rely on just a phone call. Make sure you get some sort of written confirmation that the case has been resolved. Does the court have a website where you can look up your case? That's one way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">