• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ Plumber stole my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ssarlaj

I have a plumber friend (known 7 years, has done work on all sorts of my properties) who owned his own LLC at one point then was working for a licensed company in Phoenix, AZ. I hired him to do some work for me, we had a verbal contract, I fronted him 3k for materials, he never came back. This was almost a year ago, what kind of recourse do i have, if any? I have messages prior to theft about the work, evidence of the 3k transaction and even messages of him saying he was at the property beginning said work while I was out of town at the beginning of the project.

quincy

You probably should consolidate your threads as the issues you have with your plumbing contractor/friend appear to mirror the problems you have with the solar installation.

You can sue either or both.

zddoodah

I have a plumber friend (known 7 years, has done work on all sorts of my properties) who owned his own LLC at one point then was working for a licensed company in Phoenix, AZ. I hired him to do some work for me
Just to be clear: You hired this individual. You did not hire the LLC or the "licensed company in Phoenix." Correct?

what kind of recourse do i have, if any?
You can sue him to try and recovery the money you paid. Did you really not know that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">