• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it Fraud if Yahoo deletes likes & comments they don't agree with Without a Warning Label underneath their Comments Section

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiFi

I don't know if you are aware but Yahoo's comments section is not fully representative of all comments and Likes because based on my own personal experience Yahoo rejects polite comments and likes if Yahoo does not agree with them. In my opinion this is Fraud because they are not doing this with a warning label stating, Yahoo has the right to reject comments and Likes they do not agree with. Am I wrong thinking this is Fraud without a warning label? The end affect on Consumers is the comments section is misleading based on Yahoo and/or its moderators interference!

quincy

I don't know if you are aware but Yahoo's comments section is not fully representative of all comments and Likes because based on my own personal experience Yahoo rejects polite comments and likes if Yahoo does not agree with them. In my opinion this is Fraud because they are not doing this with a warning label stating, Yahoo has the right to reject comments and Likes they do not agree with. Am I wrong thinking this is Fraud without a warning label? The end affect on Consumers is the comments section is misleading based on Yahoo and/or its moderators interference!
What is the name of your state?

This is not fraud.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Why is it not fraund?
It is not fraud because the company is not misrepresenting some material fact to you to gain something of monetary value from you. Yahoo doesn't charge you anything to post on its forums nor does it make any promises to users that their content will not be removed. Yahoo's terms of service make it clear that it owns everything on its site, including user posts and it is well its rights as the owner of the content to delete any post it deems to be inappropriate.

HiFi

My point is they are allowing readers to think that what they are reading is a representation of how people have commented ans it is not. There is no warning label saying they can do this. If a College did a poll and then did not accept answers that were against their agenda and announced the results, wouldn't that be comitting fraud as no money was exchanged.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What is your evidence that the reason these posts have been deleted, is that Yahoo disagreed with them? And not because of any TOS violation or other irregularity?

Just Blue

What is your evidence that the reason these posts have been deleted, is that Yahoo disagreed with them? And not because of any TOS violation or other irregularity?
Good question!

@HiFi give us an example of a post/comment that was removed.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And while you're at it, suppose you show us where Yahoo has claimed that the posts are representative, and under what law they have a duty to do so.

quincy

My point is they are allowing readers to think that what they are reading is a representation of how people have commented ans it is not. There is no warning label saying they can do this. If a College did a poll and then did not accept answers that were against their agenda and announced the results, wouldn't that be comitting fraud as no money was exchanged.
Have you posted your complaint to Yahoo’s “User Voice” forum? https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/925969

How is this “manipulation” of comments posted on Yahoo affecting you personally? Are you a business suffering because of a skewing of consumer reviews? Are you noticing a particular political or other bias in what is posted?

What is your specific concern?

HiFi

Good question!

@HiFi give us an example of a post/comment that was removed.
s.
I swear I am not making this up. I posted this a while back on Twitter.

I replied 3 letters, "LOL", to a comment somebody made that was not favorable to the WNBA.

I immediately received an email from Yahoo saying my comment had been rejected because it was against community standards. Again my comment/reply was "LOL" nothing else.

HiFi

And while you're at it, suppose you show us where Yahoo has claimed that the posts are representative, and under what law they have a duty to do so.
One automatically assumes comments are representative of how people feel because there is no warning label in the comment section that Yahoo may not post or delete your comment if they do not agree with it. Same with likes received or given out. To me this is fraud because the coments are therefore biased. As an analogy, let's say a College did a Presidential poll but instead of reporting all the votes a Candidate had that the people who ran the Poll didn't like, they halved the amount, told no one and said the other candidate won by ___ amount to Votes when they in fact lost. That is Fraud!

quincy

I'm repeating ths again because they're similar questions.
I swear I am not making this up. I posted this a while back on Twitter.

I replied 3 letters, "LOL", to a comment somebody made that was not favorable to the WNBA.

I immediately received an email from Yahoo saying my comment had been rejected because it was againt community standards. Again my comment/reply was "LOL" nothing else.
Okay. Yahoo informed you that your comments were against community standards. Yahoo apparently felt your comment was somehow inappropriate and now you know not to respond again with “LOL.”

This is clearly not fraud of any kind.

And on this forum you only need to post a response once so two of your three identical posts will be reported to the moderator for deletion. The removal of two of your identical posts, by the way, is also not fraud. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">