• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file before grandchild is born

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If you're in the US, you cannot file for grandparent visitation until there is a grandchild.

But perhaps more importantly, you need to tell us which state you're located.

And don't expect to win *any* grandparent suit involving a newborn.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My son and his wife want me to have custody when baby is born.
You really should seek out the assistance of an attorney in order to make sure everything is clear to all parties and to make sure that everything is done correctly from a legal aspect.

Tclarkk

CPS has been involved with the mother in the past. I work in education and have a positive record with them.

HRZ

I might explore other options as well, quickly, ...one of my friends is being paid at least a modest sum plus medical coverage thru his state's foster care system to take in a child from a home with problems..and apparently in some states the rules favor family placements where possible. Your rules and facts may differ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">