• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmothers threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PayrollHRGuy

Well l can’t force him to feel differently but it’s in my daughters best interest that she doesn’t have any contact with his mother due to her erratic behavior. Is there anything l can do to prevent her from seeing our child if the father finally realizes she is an unhealthy influence on our daughters life?

If you talk the father into going along the two of you can decide to never have the grandma see the child again.

MommaR

We’ve tried the supervised deal but she’s a very childish and petty woman and will throw a fit when we have to leave or attacks the way l parent while we’re there when lve explained why lm not comfortable with her around our child and she progresses to name calling and even trying to literally fight me.

PayrollHRGuy

Again, If you talk the father into going along the two of you can decide to never have the grandma see the child again.

Otherwise welcome to your and your child's life.

Last edited:

HRZ

Apparently your,man is not seeing things your,way as to,GM role,... I don't agree your relationship is healthy....your glasses fogged up.

Eekamouse

Well l can’t force him to feel differently but it’s in my daughters best interest that she doesn’t have any contact with his mother due to her erratic behavior. Is there anything l can do to prevent her from seeing our child if the father finally realizes she is an unhealthy influence on our daughters life?
Has she ever done anything to hurt your child? Sounds like you were fine with her around your child until YOU had a falling out with her. Then you all of a sudden don't want her around your kid. That seems kind of petty to me. Like you're using your child as a weapon to hurt her because you're angry at her.

LdiJ

Has she ever done anything to hurt your child? Sounds like you were fine with her around your child until YOU had a falling out with her. Then you all of a sudden don't want her around your kid. That seems kind of petty to me. Like you're using your child as a weapon to hurt her because you're angry at her.
Ok, I am sorry but that is simply not fair. There is nothing in this thread to back up that kind of opinion. In fact, their is plenty in the thread to back up the assertion that grandma is unfit to have the care of children. Seriously? Who tries to assault the parent(s) of their grandchildren, that is just absurd.

Nevertheless, we are back to the position that dad has the right to have the child around his mother on his time.

HRZ

JUst a minor detail . But so far OP never established that there is a legal determination of dad being dad under TX law ...and unless Dad has rights he has noting he can share with GM ...

Eekamouse

Ok, I am sorry but that is simply not fair. There is nothing in this thread to back up that kind of opinion. In fact, their is plenty in the thread to back up the assertion that grandma is unfit to have the care of children. Seriously? Who tries to assault the parent(s) of their grandchildren, that is just absurd.

Nevertheless, we are back to the position that dad has the right to have the child around his mother on his time.
Considering we don't know what led to the grandmother attempting to assault OP, we don't know all the facts. We do know that OP's said nothing about the grandmother ever doing anything to harm her grandchild and apparently the child's father is not hopping on the mother's boat to cut off all contact between grandmother and grandchild.

LdiJ

Considering we don't know what led to the grandmother attempting to assault OP, we don't know all the facts. We do know that OP's said nothing about the grandmother ever doing anything to harm her grandchild and apparently the child's father is not hopping on the mother's boat to cut off all contact between grandmother and grandchild.
So, are you saying that its OK that grandma attempted to assault mom if there was a good reason? Do you not recognize that grandma attempting to assault mom is NOT in the best interests of the children?

Its natural that dad is not jumping on the bandwagon to cut off all contact between his mother and the children. After all, its his mom. That does not mean that grandma isn't behaving badly. That doesn't mean that its acceptable for grandma to attempt to assault mom, for ANY reason.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So, are you saying that its OK that grandma attempted to assault mom if there was a good reason? Do you not recognize that grandma attempting to assault mom is NOT in the best interests of the children?

Its natural that dad is not jumping on the bandwagon to cut off all contact between his mother and the children. After all, its his mom. That does not mean that grandma isn't behaving badly. That doesn't mean that its acceptable for grandma to attempt to assault mom, for ANY reason.
How did grandma assault mom? Did mom call grandma a B and then grandma slapped her? Did grandma pummel mom into unconscious? Did grandma defend herself against mom? Did grandma accidentally hit mom with her cane? What did mom do at the time? None of us know if, when or why an "assault" took place.

MommaR

Since apparently we have to go into detail about an assault. What happened was her son and l were living there at her house for about a month because we had just moved back into town. We noticed she was acting very strange and was locking herself in her room and proceeded to start drinking getting nearly blackout drunk almost every other day and she started to hang around some questionable people which we would leave the house when they came over. She was allowed to see/have baby without our supervision while she was completely sober or while her sketchy friends were not around. She’s been known to have a problem with synthetic drugs and pills. We came home from the movies and she was locked in her room blaring music (she was supposed to be watching our child at this time) my daughter is in the living room playing so if something happened or she fell she would not hear it (my daughter is 11 months old). We finally got into her room and her son and l decided we needed to talk with her. He asked what was going on and she just said she was depressed, l told her she could talk to me about it since l have dealt with stuff like that before and l know how it feels. She went on to say she doesn’t know what’s right in her life yada yada yada to lead up to her staying she doesn’t want to live this life anymore. l asked her if there may be some kind of accomplice making her feel this way(making sure she isn’t on anything) she completely freaked out called me a b**** , wh*** and said some other things then grabbed me by the hair and tried to fight me. l got her off of me and left the room where she followed me and would not stop trying to encourage me , getting in my face grabbing me by the arm, pushing me and so on. Her son and l finally got her to leave me alone so we could pack our things and leave. When we got ready to leave she jerks our daughter up and says that she is not going anywhere when l told her she has no rights to her and shes leaving with us which then she starts about how we’re bad parents and keeps on until we finally leave. This incident happened about three weeks ago and she still constantly texts her son just talking mess about me which l could care less but now she’s demanding our daughter stay with her and saying we’re horrible parents for doing this.

LdiJ

Since apparently we have to go into detail about an assault. What happened was her son and l were living there at her house for about a month because we had just moved back into town. We noticed she was acting very strange and was locking herself in her room and proceeded to start drinking getting nearly blackout drunk almost every other day and she started to hang around some questionable people which we would leave the house when they came over. She was allowed to see/have baby without our supervision while she was completely sober or while her sketchy friends were not around. She’s been known to have a problem with synthetic drugs and pills. We came home from the movies and she was locked in her room blaring music (she was supposed to be watching our child at this time) my daughter is in the living room playing so if something happened or she fell she would not hear it (my daughter is 11 months old). We finally got into her room and her son and l decided we needed to talk with her. He asked what was going on and she just said she was depressed, l told her she could talk to me about it since l have dealt with stuff like that before and l know how it feels. She went on to say she doesn’t know what’s right in her life yada yada yada to lead up to her staying she doesn’t want to live this life anymore. l asked her if there may be some kind of accomplice making her feel this way(making sure she isn’t on anything) she completely freaked out called me a b**** , wh*** and said some other things then grabbed me by the hair and tried to fight me. l got her off of me and left the room where she followed me and would not stop trying to encourage me , getting in my face grabbing me by the arm, pushing me and so on. Her son and l finally got her to leave me alone so we could pack our things and leave. When we got ready to leave she jerks our daughter up and says that she is not going anywhere when l told her she has no rights to her and shes leaving with us which then she starts about how we’re bad parents and keeps on until we finally leave. This incident happened about three weeks ago and she still constantly texts her son just talking mess about me which l could care less but now she’s demanding our daughter stay with her and saying we’re horrible parents for doing this.
Well, it definitely does not sound like it would be in the best interest of any child to be alone with grandma. It sounds like grandma needs counseling and rehab.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Truthfully you had no right to force yourself into her room. But she was wrong as well.

MommaR

l should’ve been clearer. We didn’t force ourselves into her room after about an hour or so she finally opened the door to let us in.

PayrollHRGuy

You really need to understand that since you decided to have a child with this man and intend to stay together that you have chosen the what you and your child's life is going to be like.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">