• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dawnmarie78

I have guardianship of my granddaughter we have an open case with the father having supervised visits with me once a week Today my daughter was served from him and from another county with paternity and visitation rights is he allowed to do this if the judge from my county already made a decision

LdiJ

I have guardianship of my granddaughter we have an open case with the father having supervised visits with me once a week Today my daughter was served from him and from another county with paternity and visitation rights is he allowed to do this if the judge from my county already made a decision
If he filed in the same county that gave you guardianship or handled the original court orders about the child then that is valid. If he filed in a different county then no, that was not accurate and venue should be challenged.

In addition, since you have guardianship you should have been included on the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">