+ Reply to Thread

My wife's mother

Illinois
    I am trying to find out if my wife's mother has any chance if visitation to our daughters. My wife divorced their father 4 years ago and I have adopted them as my own. His rights were terminated. Her mother is not a good person and still has contact with the bio dad against our will. He is a danger for the girls to be around. Neither of us want her mother in the children's lives because she has abused my wife for years and is in a relationship with a child sex offender. Would her mother have any chance of getting visitations when both of us as legal parents do not want her anywhere around?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewhorner22 View Post
    Illinois
    I am trying to find out if my wife's mother has any chance if visitation to our daughters. My wife divorced their father 4 years ago and I have adopted them as my own. His rights were terminated. Her mother is not a good person and still has contact with the bio dad against our will. He is a danger for the girls to be around. Neither of us want her mother in the children's lives because she has abused my wife for years and is in a relationship with a child sex offender. Would her mother have any chance of getting visitations when both of us as legal parents do not want her anywhere around?
    Under the current status of grandparent visitation rights in IL she would have standing to sue for visitation rights but very little chance of actually winning a gpv case. Her ongoing relationship with the bio father whose rights were terminated is a problem and so is the fact that she is in a relationship with a child sex offender.

+ Reply to Thread