• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seeking Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vaporwave12345

I am in Washington state. I am 14 years old, turning 15 in two weeks. I am a sophomore in high school.
i am currently living with my grandparents, i have an abusive mother i used to live with and ran away several times. she reported me as a runaway in june and hasnt taken me off since. I left home recently for a few days, because i was sick of my grandparents controlling where i go and what i do all the time. i didnt tell them where i was going or anything. i understand this was wrong. i came back yesterday and they gave me a contract with a ton of bullsh!t rules. i signed it, and the terms were if i dont comply to the rules i cannot live here any longer. legally, if i do not follow the rules can they kick me out? and is a contract i sign legally binding? also, if i tell them where im going, when ill be back, who ill be with and all the details, is it legal for me to leave? i would be coming back later that day or the next day. thank you :)

Last edited:

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I am in Washington state. I am 14 years old, turning 15 in two weeks. I am a sophomore in high school.
i am currently living with my grandparents, i have an abusive mother i used to live with and ran away several times. she reported me as a runaway in june and hasnt taken me off since. I left home recently for a few days, because i was sick of my grandparents controlling where i go and what i do all the time. i didnt tell them where i was going or anything. i understand this was wrong. i came back yesterday and they gave me a contract with a ton of bullsh!t rules. i signed it, and the terms were if i dont comply to the rules i cannot live here any longer. legally, if i do not follow the rules can they kick me out? and is a contract i sign legally binding? also, if i tell them where im going, when ill be back, who ill be with and all the details, is it legal for me to leave? i would be coming back later that day or the next day. thank you :)
Please send one of your grandparents here.

I'll tell them what they need to know, and what to do, with their rude, unruly grandchild.

t74

Sweetie,

At your age if you did not think the people you are living with are unreasonable, mean ogres then they are not doing their job caring for you properly. They are imposing rules because they love you. They care about your safety when you are out of their sight. Your history makes them super careful and concerned.

A behavior contract is one of the recommended actions in dealing with teens. It also gives you an excuse to get out of activities proposed by your friends that might get you in trouble; you can now say "I would get(or not get)... if I went yith you.

Let me give you a hint too. If you value your privacy, don't slam your bedroom door. My now 43 year old lost his bedroom door when he was about 15 because he was a slammer. It was reinstalled when he was in his 20s when we were having guests and needed the room. It must have worked because he now has his PhD and is a supervisory position; I expect if his underlings are slammers, they would lose their office doors.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
How charming.

Perhaps you would prefer to live in a group home or in foster care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">