• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to be adopted by my grandmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The bosses

I am 12 years old, I am cricketer and I have played Under -16 cricket also but my parents have forced me to leave cricket, they even beats me also,I want to be cricketer,and my grand mother is ready to adopt me, can she?

quincy

I am 12 years old, I am cricketer and I have played Under -16 cricket also but my parents have forced me to leave cricket, they even beats me also,I want to be cricketer,and my grand mother is ready to adopt me, can she?
Please include the name of your state.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

They "beats" you do they..What do the bobbies say when it was reported?

quincy

I am going to guess he is England or another former British colony and not the US.
"Not the US" is my guess, too. :)

The bosses' post was tacked onto an archived thread so this thread was created for him/her from that post.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Regardless of the country, a 12 year old cannot be adopted by their grandmother without the parents' consent or that of the relevant child services agency.

quincy

Regardless of the country, a 12 year old cannot be adopted by their grandmother without the parents' consent or that of the relevant child services agency.
It could depend on the country.

We don't know the country and cricket is a popular sport in several countries.

Just Blue

Of course they can't. Especially when it for the child to play cricket and, as an aside, a "beats" by the parent/s.

I will say it is rather nice to know that the stupid sense of entitlement is not just here in the states. :cool:

quincy

Of course they can't. Especially when it for the child to play cricket and, as an aside, a "beats" by the parent/s.

I will say it is rather nice to know that the stupid sense of entitlement is not just here in the states. :cool:
Not necessarily true. The laws in the US are not universal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, they're not. But as it happens, I know not a lot about the relevant laws in Canada, the UK, and Ireland, but enough to be able to make that assertion.

quincy

No, they're not. But as it happens, I know not a lot about the relevant laws in Canada, the UK, and Ireland, but enough to be able to make that assertion.
How about the law in India, a country where cricket is also popular? ;)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Age of majority in India is 18 and there are no provisions whatsoever for it to be any earlier. India's laws regarding custody lean towards the mother but do not give the children rights to choose.

quincy

Age of majority in India is 18 and there are no provisions whatsoever for it to be any earlier. India's laws regarding custody lean towards the mother but do not give the children rights to choose.
How about the Republic of South Africa (check the Children Act) or Sri Lanka or Pakistan or Bangladesh or New Zealand? Cricket is a more popular sport there than it is in the UK. ;) :p

We do not have the information necessary to say anything about a grandparent adoption, including the most important information which is the country involved.

I agree that the odds seem slight that any adoption would be approved without parental consent if denying a child the opportunity to play cricket is the only factor considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">