• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I file for grandparent visitation if I live in ky, and kids o indians

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I hardly think that my view was biased. I KNEW that they were toxic for my children and the court did not listen to me. My son completely unloaded everything that happened since that order was entered. I turned out to be right. My ex and I were completely united in this. WE are the parents and we knew best.
You had a personal stake in the matter and thus viewed it with that stake in mind. Whether you realize it or not, you almost certainly had a bias in it. That is neither good nor bad; it’s just human reality. You may be quite correct that your decision on the matter was the right one. My only point was that when only hearing one side of any dispute you don’t get the complete picture of it and your view of it may well change if you get to hear both sides of it. That is why, after all, in trials both sides get to present their case.

Just Blue

You had a personal stake in the matter and thus viewed it with that stake in mind. Whether you realize it or not, you almost certainly had a bias in it. That is neither good nor bad; it’s just human reality. You may be quite correct that your decision on the matter was the right one. My only point was that when only hearing one side of any dispute you don’t get the complete picture of it and your view of it may well change if you get to hear both sides of it. That is why, after all, in trials both sides get to present their case.
View the GPV forum. There is almost no GP that SHOULD have visitation.IMO

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
View the GPV forum. There is almost no GP that SHOULD have visitation.IMO
Once again, I am not addressing in this thread when, if ever, it should be ok to grant grandparent visitation. That is a matter of opinion on which even reasonable minds can differ. More to the point, my view of it doesn’t matter in addressing the issue of what the law currently says about granting visitation to grandparents (or any other person who is not the parent). That’s what this thread is to address, not what the law should be. I respect your views and those expressed by others in this thread. I may even agree with some of those opinions. But it is just not relevant to the OP’s questions what my opinion is about grandparent visitation.

And, btw, it isn’t going to do much good to try to convince me to see it one way or the other. So if that is the goal of anyone in this thread, you can save yourself the effort on that. I’m not getting into how things should be in this thread. :D

Just Blue

Once again, I am not addressing in this thread when, if ever, it should be ok to grant grandparent visitation. That is a matter of opinion on which even reasonable minds can differ. More to the point, my view of it doesn’t matter in addressing the issue of what the law currently says about granting visitation to grandparents (or any other person who is not the parent). That’s what this thread is to address, not what the law should be. I respect your views and those expressed by others in this thread. I may even agree with some of those opinions. But it is just not relevant to the OP’s questions what my opinion is about grandparent visitation.

And, btw, it isn’t going to do much good to try to convince me to see it one way or the other. So if that is the goal of anyone in this thread, you can save yourself the effort on that. I’m not getting into how things should be in this thread. :D
I am honestly not trying to get you or anyone else to "agree" with me. You are right legally. I have an issue with the law on a personal level. Tho it has never had an impact with me or my children I do find this law to be terrible.

I will back off now.....:)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
To get back on track, OP - your best bet would be to consult with an attorney. It is unclear how long the children have been in IN, and it seems there is a possibility that their residence remains KY. However, be aware that GPV actions do tend to be drawn-out and costly. You mau find, after consulting with a (or a few) attorneys, that your money is better spent in helping your son wrt divorce/custody... Although, I suspect that could also be a costly endeavor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">