• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Blackballed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Troy1

I recently Got fired,Now my supervisior is calling other companies
and telling them not to hire me.What should i do about this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are 100% positive that this is what's happening, you have legal recourse as blackballing is illegal. However, you had better be very, very sure and be prepared to back it up or it's going to backfire on you. Don't just assume that this must be happening.

A great many people have written to this and other boards absolutely positive that their former employer was blackballing them and that was why they weren't getting a new job, and that wasn't the case at all. They were not getting new jobs because the economy has shifted; because there were more qualified applicants than they; or for any number of other reasons that had nothing to do with blackballing. I've been a hiring manager for years and no one has EVER called me to tell me not to hire this or that person. It happens far less frequently than people assume.

Beth3

I agree with cbg. In 25 years of recruiting people for a myriad of jobs (everything from janitors to senior executives), I've never had another employer contact me to tell me not to hire someone.

What makes you believe your ex-employer is doing this?

D

dogwood23

Don't feel bad I was fired and my boss is saying I am unrealible lol I had perfect attendance last year and the year before that I was out three day if that ain't a realible employee please to me. He said I was inconputate lol I worked for him for 27 months if I was this I should have been fired after my 90 probation period. I arrange that I did make mistake but due to him for inproper training I am kinda mad but realize he is a small gay man with little or no life. Chin up this is life there are evil,nasty and rotten people in the world. But remember we all have to face God in the end and those who lie and break his commandments will have to face the fires of hell. That is where my past employer will be going hell.:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">