• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mabler

Utah:

My husband was working doing internet research for a new company. He was on a contract, and was supposed to be paid when he finished a project. Well, he did LOTS of work, but just before he could turn in the report to get paid, they employer would inform him that they dropped the project. Is he still intitled to anything for the work he did, especially because he was only a couple hours from completion? Or can they jsut stiff him?

L

lawrat

Yes, he is entitled to all work he did judged by the fair market value of his work. It is called quantum meruit in legal terms.

M

mabler

follow up

Thanks for the reply.
how should someone go about getting the money. Do i need an attorney, or who do i talk to??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">