• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer offered medical insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Erica Ulrich

If medical insurance is offered to only those that have no medical insurance is that a legal act? It is only offered to those who have none in my company and those who have insurance already are not offered anything. My employer states that if we push the subject he will have to get his lawyer involved to come up with a plan for the entire staff and that would make it impossible for him to afford. He states that if that was the case that he would not offer it to anyone.

N

newmom

So he's saying that anyone who is covered on another policy (through a spouse or Medicaid, etc.) can not have insurance? Man, I didn't think it was that hard to get insurance through your employer when it is offered. I can't believe that this is possible!! That's like telling someone with a preexisting medical condition that they can't have insurance!!!! This can be done with private (individual) insurance (not a group policy), but if you offer benefits through a company, you can't deny one employee and insure the next. At least, I HOPE it can't be done. I hope you get other responses, because I'm curious to find out more "legal" info on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">