• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired because of injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe.

In order to get anything more than that, you are going to have to provide some detail. It is not a simple yes or no answer.

Maybe.

In order to get anything more than that, you are going to have to provide some detail. It is not a simple yes or no answer.
IN a nutshell, The installation does a bcakground check on employees. I was up front on the application that I had a bankruptcy on my record from several years ago. While on the job, I injured my back while lifting a patient. I was placed on light duty and my productivity was slowed due to the injury. The background checks came back for multiple employees at one time, and several were let go. I was told that I was going to be let go due to a derogatory finding on my background check. This did not seem right to me, so I had the report reviewed and there were no marks on the record except for the bankruptcy. I then called the hospital commander who relayed me to the floor supervisor and she informed me that they in fact let me go because of the reduction in productivity that was caused by the back injury... So, they lied to me about why I was fired, and I do no think that it is legal to fire someone because they were injured on the job..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">