• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I prepare a sworn statement for my unemployment appeals hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

russharv63

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Virginia I need to get a copy of my cell phone records from my cell phone service provider for my Virginia unemployment commission appeals hearing. I contacted them and they said I need to fax them a sworn statement stating I own my phone and other facts they will need to send me the records. What is a sworn statement and how do I prepare one? What has to be included in it and please explain the entire process of how it becomes a sworn statement?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Virginia I need to get a copy of my cell phone records from my cell phone service provider for my Virginia unemployment commission appeals hearing. I contacted them and they said I need to fax them a sworn statement stating I own my phone and other facts they will need to send me the records. What is a sworn statement and how do I prepare one? What has to be included in it and please explain the entire process of how it becomes a sworn statement?
Ask them what they need to say in it. Once you know, then you write that down and take it to a notary for a jurat. Yours, frankly, is not a legal question, rather, it's a procedural question that depends entirely on what the phone company wants to see.

Chyvan

I contacted them and they said I need to fax them a sworn statement
Who's "they" and "them"? The cell phone people or the UI people.

Also, what's wrong with just looking at online bills or usage history and printing it out? If it's texts you want, you can put your phone on a copier to get hard copies.

Also, what are trying to prove? Maybe there's an easier way to prove the same thing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Who's "they" and "them"? The cell phone people or the UI people.
It's fairly clear from the OP that the cell phone company requires a sworn statement from the OP before they will provide the information that s/he is requesting.

Also, what are trying to prove? Maybe there's an easier way to prove the same thing.
That's a good point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">