• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-compete clause in agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdeva12

What is the name of your state?CT
I have a specific clause on non-compete in the agreement as below. I just want to find out that is this non-compete clause enforceble in connecticut. Can I quit and work as contractor in one of the client I worked before for my present company.

The non-compete clause says as below.

Agreement that for the one year period following the termination of my employment with "my company" (irrespective of the reason for such termination), I will not solicit, or attempt to solicit, directly or indirectly, any customer of "my company" for the purpose of selling or licensing products or services that are then competitive with the products and services that are then available to that customer from "my company"; provided, however, that this restriction shall apply only to customers with whom I actually have material contact (meaning direct interaction, such as through sales calls, presentations or other business dealings) in the course of performing my employment duties for "my company" within the two year period preceding the date my employment with "my company" ends. It is understood that this restriction is necessary to avoid possible compromise of Confidential Information.
Following the expiration of the one year period
described herein, I shall continue to be obligated
under the Covenant Against Disclosure in
Section 4 so long as such Confidential
Information remains proprietary or protectable
as confidential or trade secret information.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't think any CT lawyers follow these boards. You will need to show it to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">